Friday the 13th

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited April 27, 2012 in Street and Documentary
First go at street with the x-pro1

untitled-1189-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    fun shot Patti-I am crazy about the processing here, though of course as this is more of a street portrait, I reallly want the rest of the bike in the shot.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    I'd have loved to oblige Liz. Every Friday the 13th tens of thousands of bikers gather in a small town on Lake Erie about 90 min. from me. Trying to get a shot of this guy at al was a real challenge - 70,000 people roaming the streets. I couldn't back up anymore without him being obscured by bodies. I'd also prefer a beer in his hand but not a chance. It's too bad. :0(
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    I agree the tones are stunning, but I would have loved to have seen his face. Still a fine capture.
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    Did you ask him where his 'permit' was? deal.gif

Great processing, but yea - the rest of the bike would have been cool too.

edited April 24, 2012
    All the street signs said "no parking except motorcycles"mwink.gif

patti hinton photography
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    All the street signs said "no parking except motorcycles"mwink.gif

mwink.gif I just saw the bottom of the sign above his head and thought "where's his permit"? lol....

I was admiring the detail in the nooks and crannies of the engine area and couldn't figure out how you shot that with the angle of the sun but his face and the details were all there. Then I realized the shadow at his feet was the bike next to him and the sun was really at your back/shoulder.....
    edited April 27, 2012
    Yes and it was one bright sunny day. A bit of cloud would have been helpful.

patti hinton photography