Options

June 2012: "Magic of Alaska" Photography Workshop & Experience

psycchic1psycchic1 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited April 21, 2012 in For Hire
i-Qgq7XTn-M.jpg

Digital Grin members save $100!

Click here for details!

I am an award-winning wildlife photographer who will be taking up to four (4) photographers on a very special, private tour of the Kenai Peninsula this summer. This is a short-notice workshop and I expect it to fill quickly.

This will truly be an incredible opportunity specifically designed for the beginner to intermediate-level DSLR photographer and bird / wildlife enthusiast! We will be partnering with a phenomenal wildlife and bird watching tour company, Marlow's on the Kenai, for a 6-day photographic adventure that will include both land and pelagic (ocean) exploration. Whether you are a photographer who wants to improve both their image quality and knowledge of birds and wildlife, or a bird watcher who wants to learn how to improve your avian photography, this trip is sure to please!

I am limiting this workshop to only four people, enabling a very hands-on, personal experience that increases the instructor-to-learner ratio and also decreases the likelihood that we will frighten off wildlife when shooting in the incredible land of Alaska. Those of you who have worked with me in the past know how much I care about providing quality instruction, personal experiences, and having a fun time along the way! I want to make this a special experience for you.

Where do we go and what do we see? For 6 days, you will travel with award-winning wildlife photographer, Lisa Langell, to photograph the abundant birds, plants, animals, and scenery that are found throughout Anchorage and across the Kenai Peninsula. Moose, bear, Dall Sheep, Dall Porpoise, Humpback and Orca Whales (plus chances for Fin whales), Fox, Otter, Puffins, Eagles, and up to 80 species of other spectacular birds!

I have traveled to Alaska over 27 times, each time getting to know the area more intimately. You will travel with me by vehicle through the Kenai Peninsula, exploring marshes, lakes, glaciers, mountains, beaches, and even drift-boating down the Kenai River to observe pristine areas that simply beg to be photographed! Additionally, weather permitting, you will travel in a small group by charter boat through Resurrection Bay and out into the Gulf of Alaska for a chance to photograph pelagic birds, glaciers, otter, sea lions, whales, and other sea life. We will also have the chance to see multiple glaciers (including calving tidewater glaciers) throughout our journey.

If you are a photographer who loves the "magic hour" of light in the morning or evening, you are in for a special treat. Given the sun barely sets in Alaska in the summer, the "magic hour" is extended to about a 3-hour period each morning and evening, offering gorgeous opportunities for beautifully lit scenery and wildlife. Don't worry--we'll fit in time for a good night's rest, too!

Your gracious hosts, Ken and Judy Marlow (and family) will also provide a delicious, authentic Alaskan Seafood Cookout right at our lodge. During this private event, you will be able to taste fresh Alaskan Salmon and other treats while overlooking the Kenai River in the evening. There's a good chance to observe eagles, loons, mergansers, Stellar's Jays, Violet-Green Swallows, and possibly moose while enjoying your meal.

Join me!

Visit http://www.langellphotography.com/Pages/blog/18169192_5XcpRm for details! Thank you!
Lisa Langell
LangellPhotography.com
Honorable Mention (2010) National Wildlife Federation
"Photographing the world isn't simply documenting that you saw it...
...it's capturing how you experienced it!"