CH 51- All in new tries

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited November 10, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well I took the tips from my previous thread and tried to incorporate them into these shots. Hopefully they are better and challenge worthy as my 300d went to the shop yesterday for a few weeks.

All taken 11-05-05

CRW_8253resize.jpg

A little different:

CRW_8257resize.jpg

One I kinda liked:

CRW_8266resize.jpg

Comments and critique wanted, even if it's bad I can take it:D

Thanks for looking,

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    I like the last one best, but it is a little Dark, have you done any color correction or auto correcting on it? Hope you dont mind, but I did a little correction on it myself. I tend to like this one a little better.
    I DO like #1, I like the green better then the White. It feels more warm then the one with the white Background....MUCH better! My vote is on #1 and #3
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • galla47galla47 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    I like the 2nd... Feels like the hidden camera... Plus, if you play poker enough, you know that hand does come up!! (and you know what it feels like when it does!)
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    These are better Eric!

I like the last one with the chips in motion. Cool shot! Makes me miss the ol' gambling days at Vegas. :cry

Erich
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    I like the second one. It is well composed and I love the sense that I've been let in on the gambler's secret.

This would have been a great one for the "First person" challenge several months ago. Lynn won that one with her great snowball pic.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Second one definately has my vote. Shows the action of the game. Nice shot.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • jweathersonjweatherson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    CRW_8257resize.jpg

I also like this, the green is a much better background from before, it really sets the poker mood, I'm also a fan of the hidden camera effect.
    Well done thumb.gif
    -James Weatherson

http://brit.smugmug.com
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    I like this one as well. Definitly makes me think texas hold em when I see it.
    CRW_8257resize.jpg

I also like this, the green is a much better background from before, it really sets the poker mood, I'm also a fan of the hidden camera effect.
    Well done thumb.gif
  • AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    I'm partial to the last one. Love the feeling of movement.
    Allen M.
    Alkhemist
    www.alkhemist.smugmug.com

"Photography is a medium of formidable contradictions. It is ridiculously easy and almost impossibly difficult." Edward Steichen
  • Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    I like the second shot better also, puts you in the mood of the game.
    -Mike
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    A big thank you to everyone. I'm crossing my fingers and going with number 2

Thanks again,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    I like the second one. Nice DOF.