Options

NCAA Soccer

Scott293Scott293 Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited April 25, 2012 in Sports
Soccer is probably my least fun sport to shoot, but had to shoot the Xavier vs Akron game last night and here are a few that I thought weren't to bad. Thanks ahead of time for viewing. One other thing Xavier's lights are worse than a lot of HS I've shot at.

Xavier-vs-Akron-0456-L.jpg

Xavier-vs-Akron-0365-L.jpg

Xavier-vs-Akron-0598-L.jpg

Xavier-vs-Akron-0658-L.jpg

Xavier-vs-Akron-0924-L.jpg

Xavier-vs-Akron-0976-L.jpg
Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

www.ScottDavis.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Hey Scott--don't know why no one commented on these; they're great. Not much to criticise on the composition, timing, and PP--especially given the lighting! A few could be rotated so that horizons are level, but this is more a matter of taste.

But unlike you, soccer is my absolute favorite sport to shoot, at least of the team sports. It's hard, but the variety is endless.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2012
    jhefti wrote: »
    Hey Scott--don't know why no one commented on these; they're great. Not much to criticise on the composition, timing, and PP--especially given the lighting! A few could be rotated so that horizons are level, but this is more a matter of taste.

But unlike you, soccer is my absolute favorite sport to shoot, at least of the team sports. It's hard, but the variety is endless.
    Thanks for the kind words, I shouldn't say I don't Like shooting soccer I just don't shoot it very much. But really thanks again for viewing and committing.
    Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

• Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Scott293 wrote: »
    Soccer is probably my least fun sport to shoot, but had to shoot the Xavier vs Akron game last night and here are a few that I thought weren't to bad. Thanks ahead of time for viewing. One other thing Xavier's lights are worse than a lot of HS I've shot at.

A-10 Conference lights being bad don't surprise me, If I had my choice I would prefer College Soccer over HS Soccer everytime on the check list if I could. I have the same feeling about Soccer but College makes it fun, they chase every ball..

Nice Shots, shooting under the lights is by far the one of the most under appreciated things photogs do..
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2012
    Scott293 wrote: »

A-10 Conference lights being bad don't surprise me, If I had my choice I would prefer College Soccer over HS Soccer everytime on the check list if I could. I have the same feeling about Soccer but College makes it fun, they chase every ball..

Nice Shots, shooting under the lights is by far the one of the most under appreciated things photogs do..

M

Thanks for viewing and yes shooting soccer at night is a challenge but thank God for my DS3
    Scott Davis