Dangerous mouse games

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited November 10, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
A growing trend of young mice playing a game called "sneak up on the sleeping cat" has mouse authorities very concerned. :D

Comments

• babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Laughing.gif! That is a GREAT SHOT! ONCE in a lifetime! hehehehe Good job! Tells a GREAT story! heheheheheclap.gifthumb.gif
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Yes I have heard about this. It is related to the deadly "chicken" game of the 'sixties, when young people raced in front of cars to dare drivers or show their courage, often with tragic results.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    That's a cool shot. Nice job! thumb.gif

Erich
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    That is a great shot!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Jeez.. I have my nose on the screen looking for photoshopping but darned if I can see it.. must be real!!!! what a catch.. I love it clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Hey, is that a fake mouse? The cat sure looks interested! Makes me look closer. That's engaging your audience alright!thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Cool!

My cat is more concerned about running from my dogs. Dumb cat with mega claws.

The dogs used to chase cockroaches, til they discovered they were dangerous bugs that elicited screams from me. Now they just point.

ginger

Really cool catch of a shot!

Maybe the mouse is real and the cat is fake.rolleyes1.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    A growing trend of young mice playing a game called "sneak up on the sleeping cat" has mouse authorities very concerned. :D
    my question is - how were you there to catch that shot and why didn't YOU scare off the mouse?

great catch!!!

Adrienne
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    OK...i will fess up.

I have been having some sharpness issues, with some product shots, so I put my 70-200 2.8 lens on and walked out the back door to fire off a couple of shots at different
    f stops, and shutter speeds, to see if the out side shots were better and perhaps see if the inside lighting had spmething to do with it.

My cat was the first tarket I noticed and when I was checking the shots, I saw this one were he seems to be intent on something, yet there wasn't anything there.

the photo screamed for something to be there........so dear friends...............I put the mouse in. :D

Seems like I may have done a better job of inserting him than I thought.

Sam
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    I was wondering if it was inserted or not....

still none the less, pretty awesome looking picture :)
    Sam wrote:
    OK...i will fess up.

I have been having some sharpness issues, with some product shots, so I put my 70-200 2.8 lens on and walked out the back door to fire off a couple of shots at different
    f stops, and shutter speeds, to see if the out side shots were better and perhaps see if the inside lighting had spmething to do with it.

My cat was the first tarket I noticed and when I was checking the shots, I saw this one were he seems to be intent on something, yet there wasn't anything there.

the photo screamed for something to be there........so dear friends...............I put the mouse in. :D

Seems like I may have done a better job of inserting him than I thought.

Sam
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Thats a great shot. Enough said.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    hahahahahaha! Wow...nice catch. clap.gif