jack in the pulpit

rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited April 23, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
jack-in-the-pulpit2-1-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2012
    Very nice lines, texture,and composition !
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Very nice lines, texture,and composition !

15524779-Ti.gif It is all those things :D
    Still, and this is just me, I am having a tough time with the negative space low & left. Its like the weight of balance is too far to the right. Yet it needs to be to show just this very side detail . Find myself being unsure as to what could be done to possibly improve the visual as though it needed something somehow. Turn the flower just a small amount allowing a move toward center? Would allow in some additional small details but then it might take detail away at the same time.
    Hmmm headscratch.gif Likely its just me with the problem. Good chance of that.

Is a nice return for the effort you've put forward already thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    N3QWN3QW Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    rbt wrote: »

Nice, very dramatic.

Doug
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    Great job and unique presentation - I think Callas are somewhat hard to capture with a fresh look.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 686 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Still, and this is just me, I am having a tough time with the negative space low & left. Its like the weight of balance is too far to the right. Yet it needs to be to show just this very side detail . Find myself being unsure as to what could be done to possibly improve the visual as though it needed something somehow. Turn the flower just a small amount allowing a move toward center? Would allow in some additional small details but then it might take detail away at the same time.

I think the negative space adds a nice sense of tension to the drama of the photo.
    Nice shot, Nice perspective.
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »

I know what you mean. I would try something like, maybe turn the subject to about 45 degree angle allowing the vertical part to come more toward the center and have the top part facing the corner but not exiting the corner and leave the camera position as is. I think this would also give more depth to the subject. Its worth a try .ne_nau.gif