Options

My first wedding

picturethis4lifepicturethis4life Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited May 2, 2012 in Weddings
I just wanted to share some shots from my first wedding of the season. This was also my first wedding I booked since starting my business. I have shot two other weddings before this, but one was for a friend and the second was a court house wedding. I am still in the process of gaining experience and equipment. I shot the wedding with a Nikon D7000 and used two lenses, tamron 17-50 2.8 and nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR2 as well as a sb910 speedlight

1-4-of-004-L.jpg1-19-of-019-L.jpg
1-22-of-022-L.jpg
1-58-of-058-M.jpg
1-66-of-066-M.jpg
1-86-of-086-L.jpg
1-94-of-094-M.jpg1-101-of-101-M.jpg
1-116-of-116-M.jpg
1-134-of-134-M.jpg
1-141-of-141-M.jpg
1-143-of-143-M.jpg
1-147-of-147-M.jpg1-152-of-152-M.jpg
1-163-of-163-M.jpg
1-171-of-171-M.jpg1-175-of-175-M.jpg
1-234-of-234-M.jpg
1-256-of-256-M.jpg1-264-of-264-M.jpg
1-265-of-265-M.jpg
1-277-of-277-M.jpg
1-318-of-318-M.jpg
1-348-of-348-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    For a third wedding I think you did an excellent job. Love the processing on the detail shots. The lighting on the one where she is getting makeup put on is very nice. Again well done! Your consistency in processing will come in time.
  • Options
    MyPhotoCoutureMyPhotoCouture Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 26, 2012
    great work
    I love your attention to detail for your shots of the rings and center pieces. one recommendation, the photo with the bride on the piano, It would have been nice to see a little more of the reflection by photographing from a slightly higher angle.
  • Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Like all the detail and getting ready shots. One where bride is watching out window and you took it from behind could have been saved if A/C was not in the frame.
  • Options
    esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    I am not an expert, but I think these are terrific.
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited April 27, 2012
    well done
    Well done for a third wedding! Great composition, great detail shots. I'd love to see if you got a few photos in each setting clap.gif
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    I hate to rain on the parade here... I think these shots are a good start but there is still some more growing to do.

The detail shots:
    These are the strongest of the set. My only nitpick would be to think a little bit more about cropping. The lighting and colors are really nice here.

The getting ready shots:
    The BW conversion seems to be a little muddy - there are a variety of different methods to convert a color image to BW, so maybe you can do some research and see what works best for you. Her expression in some of these is not the most pleasing, so that could be something to consider in the future. I do think that you captured the mood of the room well - it seems like it was a little bit chaotic, but a lot of fun. :) The detail shot of the groom's suit is fantastic. Great crop, exposure and color.

The first look:
    The first one looks a little underexposed, but the mood of the image is good. The second one (with the door) is not my cup of tea, but the exposure and colors are spot on.

The picture of her in front of the window:
    The dress is a little blown out from the window light... it looks like it was a tough lighting situation!

The ceremony (or what looks like a ceremony - the one in the ballroom):
    The one shot looks a little dark, but it is a great kiss. I would try a couple of different crops on it to remove some of the distractions around them.

The outdoor shots:
    The exposure on the first one is a little bit dark, but the others have really great light and color.

The indoor shots:
    The piano shot doesn't do it for me... if he actually plays the piano or music is super important to them, then it might work a little bit better, but if it was just a 'hey, there's a piano, let's use it!' shot, then it is not very successful to me, especially from that angle. I feel like a shot like that needs a lot of creativity to pull it off. We've all been there and used a cool prop that we found just because it was cool, but the more work that I do with couples, the more I find that unless it is significant to them, it doesn't fit well with the other images I deliver. That's just me though :)

Again, the BWs look a little muddy to me, but that moment with the flower girl is PRICELESS! I would try to rework it because that is gold. :)

In summary - I think that this set is a good start, but there is work to be done. The good news is that once you see what needs to be improved, you can go out and do it! This is all stuff that you can change with practice :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    musik320musik320 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2012
    Great wedding shoot my favorite was the couple on the piano. Great job keep it up.