Options

Canon Loyalty Program question

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited April 26, 2012 in Cameras
Good Evening Folks,
Does anyone know if Canon will take any nonfunctional Canon camera, either film or digital, in exchange for the 20% discount on their refurbished products, or, is it just digital cameras only. I can't imagine they would take an old, broken film slr, or p & s camera, and take off, say $350 from their refurbished 5D2 ($1750) Thanks in advance :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    My understanding is that any out-of-warranty Canon camera qualifies as a trade in. Since the program is only accessible by phone, why not just call and find out for sure.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1088761/canon-loyalty-program-faqs-originally-from-potn

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    there were a handful of SLR's that they would give credit for a year or two ago when I last called them. But yeah, just call them and get their current list.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Canon Loyalty Program question
    Good Afternoon Folks,
    Thanks for the replies thumb.gif I did call Canon about 4 hrs after I started this thread, since I didn't receive any responses in that time. Here are the basic rules: you can submit ANY Canon camera, film or digital. It can be broken or out of warranty. They take 20% off their refurbished cameras, what ever is in stock. You can do this 3 times per calendar year. I traded in an old Canon Sure Shot zoom that I picked up for $2 at a yard sale, for a T2i body. With tax, about $400. I wish I would have enquired about the CLP about a month ago. I could have saved another $350 on my 5D2 :cry Again, thanks for the responses.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Folks,
    Thanks for the replies thumb.gif I did call Canon about 4 hrs after I started this thread, since I didn't receive any responses in that time. Here are the basic rules: you can submit ANY Canon camera, film or digital. It can be broken or out of warranty. They take 20% off their refurbished cameras, what ever is in stock. You can do this 3 times per calendar year. I traded in an old Canon Sure Shot zoom that I picked up for $2 at a yard sale, for a T2i body. With tax, about $400. I wish I would have enquired about the CLP about a month ago. I could have saved another $350 on my 5D2 :cry Again, thanks for the responses.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...

right, you get a good discount but the models change frequently - daily, sometimes hourly !