A slave, but to who ?

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited April 26, 2012 in Street and Documentary
6654679701_461e3786f4_o.jpg
A slave, but to who ? by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

Hi folks...I have been trying to figure out what this means. I shot this in front of the old Church in Olvera St. These two thought they where all alone in the early morning until I came on the scene, camera in hand of course...Needless to say, she was surprised a bit. Does anyone know, what they are doing and why? All I see is a dude on his knees bound up and crawling blindfolded while she captures the moment on her I-phone...Or should I say misses the moment as she is looking at me :) Regardless, I liked the picture.

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Foreplay?
    Rags
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    A happy wife is a happy life?

Killer shot of an odd moment to say the least.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    It doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure. Isn't being bound, gagged, and blindfolded part of penance rituals for a few different religions? I believe it may be a similitude of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    I have no idea and I tried looking into it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    It has to be foreplay - with 50 yrs of marriage experience I know what it looks like... :D
    Rags
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    I wouldn't even venture a guess about what's going on, but the ambiguity is interesting. By the way, Javier, it's "to whom?" (Sorry, my mom was an English teacher, so I couldn't resist.)
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    Javier, it's "to whom?" (Sorry, my mom was an English teacher, so I couldn't resist.)

Don't mind the grammar police at all. In fact I welcome it. Spanish is my first language so I will take all the help I can get :)
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    I think they are re-enacting Leonard Cohen's "I'm your man"

Ah, the moon's too bright The chain's too tight The beast won't go to sleep I've been runnin' through, these promises to you That I made and I could not keep. Ah but a man never got a woman back Not by beggin' on his knees Or I'd crawl to you baby And I'd fall at your feet And I'd howl at your beauty Like a dog in heat And I'd claw at your heart And I'd tear at your sheet I'd say please I'm your man

!Buena foto!
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Stills for a new dominatrix home movie destined for the internet at $20/min viewing?
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    First off, really wonderful image, Javier, from his untied shoe lace, to...well, terrific! However, folks, I'd point out that making fun of people's religious beliefs and customs, and that is indeed what a number of you are doing, really is not a terrific idea; and I say that as someone who's view of those same beliefs and customs is, I'm going to guess, far more potentially offensI've than some of yours. ;-). This excellent street photo speaks for itself, and while some may see in it the things they have posted, others could justifiably be extremely offended by those statements. Just saying...;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed