Options

Britni, Mark IV: RR Tracks (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited July 10, 2012 in Go Figure
After playing in the meadows and hot springs (let me play Mr. Lucas on you and hold on to a prequel:-) we decided to play a bit on a rail road tracks, conveniently running parallel to a long stretch of 101 between SB and Gaviota beach.
We started with a "fashion show on the tracks" concept and proceeded with.. Well, you'll get the picture... ;-)

#1: Skinny jeans and sexy top:

1813342993_r4BpMmx-XL.jpg

#2: Is it hot out here, or is it just me?

1813343089_jHGWLhm-XL.jpg

#3: The famous "shoulder look":

1813343003_fC3Xbgv-XL.jpg

#4: Who needs that top anyway?

1813343104_HRT2hTj-XL.jpg

#5: Hitching a ride home after the show...

1813343037_cMhWJnb-XL.jpg

#6: Catching a train is a hard work, need to get some rest...

1813343143_5vgtSj3-X3.jpg

#7: It takes too long, and flying is better anyway:

1807573247_nX5R4Lc-X2.jpg

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Great to work with a model like that. The pics are great!
    5 and 6 are my favorites.
    7 needs some horizontal leveling?
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2012
    Great to work with a model like that. The pics are great!
    5 and 6 are my favorites.
    7 needs some horizontal leveling?

Thanks for the comments! thumb.gif
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited April 27, 2012
    Phenomenal shots, Nik, in every sense. How the hell did you guys pull off that jump in #7 so that she didn't trash her feet in the landing?
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Phenomenal shots, Nik, in every sense. How the hell did you guys pull off that jump in #7 so that she didn't trash her feet in the landing?

Thank you, Joel!
    Jumping: we tried a few times before we nailed it. It's all in jumping/shooting technique. You don't have to actually jump 6 ft in the air to create an impression that you do... mwink.gif
  • Options
    BLUEThunderBLUEThunder Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    I love ALL of your work of this particular model. She is STUNNING! Something about her...the whole thing...she is totally sexy...Shot #6 is my fav! Great work of a great subject
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2012
    I love ALL of your work of this particular model. She is STUNNING! Something about her...the whole thing...she is totally sexy...Shot #6 is my fav! Great work of a great subject

Thank you!
    Yeah, it was fun and I'm glad the results came out decent enough to merit some feedback...
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2012
    The jumping shot is great. The shot taking off the shirt is interesting in the way her arms are. It s breaking the rule but works well here.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2012
    Tinstafl wrote: »
    The jumping shot is great. The shot taking off the shirt is interesting in the way her arms are. It s breaking the rule but works well here.

Thank you! thumb.gif
    Well, rules are meant to be broken - just need to know when and how ;-) mwink.gif
  • Options
    jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2012
    Good Evening Nik,
    Great series, as usual thumb.gif I only hope the tracks were either dead, or you had a train schedule mwink.gif
    Enjoy your night :D
    Jim ...
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2012
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Good Evening Nik,
    Great series, as usual thumb.gif I only hope the tracks were either dead, or you had a train schedule mwink.gif
    Enjoy your night :D
    Jim ...

Jim,
    Thanks!thumb.gif
    The tracks were live, but we watched both directions (BTW, the other direction was way less foggy and provided a much more distant/better vew) and have established safety protocols before engaging into shooting.
    All in all, no models/photographers/gear/props were harmed during the shoot. :D
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Jim,
    Thanks!thumb.gif
    The tracks were live, but we watched both directions (BTW, the other direction was way less foggy and provided a much more distant/better vew) and have established safety protocols before engaging into shooting.
    All in all, no models/photographers/gear/props were harmed during the shoot. :D
    Good Afternoon Nik,
    As a utility/roadway inspector, I can assure you that if those tracks belong to either CSX, or Amtrak, you are trespassing big time. If their police catch you on the tracks, or within 15' of the tracks (right of way) all your equipment and vehicles will be confiscated. Also, on an open, straight run, those trains can top 105mph, meaning they cross an entire football field (300') in less then 2 seconds. Just be careful, and have eyes in the back of your head when shooting on live tracks thumb.gif
    Enjoy your afternoon :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2012
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Nik,
    As a utility/roadway inspector, I can assure you that if those tracks belong to either CSX, or Amtrak, you are trespassing big time. If their police catch you on the tracks, or within 15' of the tracks (right of way) all your equipment and vehicles will be confiscated. Also, on an open, straight run, those trains can top 105mph, meaning they cross an entire football field (300') in less then 2 seconds. Just be careful, and have eyes in the back of your head when shooting on live tracks thumb.gif
    Enjoy your afternoon :D
    Jim...

Thank you for the info and for your concerns, Jim, really appreciate it!
    FWIW, this is is not a straight run, they never run fast on those tracks...
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Thank you for the info and for your concerns, Jim, really appreciate it!
    FWIW, this is is not a straight run, they never run fast on those tracks...
    Good Evening Nik,
    You're welcome thumb.gif Just be careful of your surroundings and anybody who pulls up in a marked or unmarked SUV. You can always play dumb and say you didn't realize you were trespassing, especially if you're in an area that doesn't have "No Trespassing" signs. As a last resort, you should be able to request a superviser on site so you can tell him/her your side of the story.
    Enjoy your evening :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    #6 and #7 are the money shots. It looks to me that #6 is a composite, but if it isn't I would hate to land on those rocks and wood cross members in bare feet. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    #6 and #7 are the money shots. It looks to me that #6 is a composite, but if it isn't I would hate to land on those rocks and wood cross members in bare feet. :D

Sam

Sam,
    thanks for commenting!
    None of these is a composite :-)