Mega 16 - C&C Please

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited April 30, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is one of two ideas I have for the Mega... I think this may need something more... maybe even a reshoot. Any feed back would be appreciated. My other idea has to wait for the weekend.

i-6qR2LCf-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    I kinda like it!! MAYBE a bit more contrast? A bit WHITER on the white?
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    I like it too - cute title. I wish it were a bit sharper though and it would be cool if she were actually doing a mime gesture. The lighting seems a bit odd - too bright on one side of her face and dark shadows on the other. FYI - I usually love your work and always look forward to your entries!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    I like it - it has a lot of charm :)

I would clone out the dark spot on the top right corner and I would add something to it, but not sure what... headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    I love the idea! White gloves? Hands feeling for the edge of the room?

A mime is a terrible thing to waste. :D
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Thanks guys! I worked on this one a bit more... is this one better? She did have the white gloves on... but with her hands up there was too much shadow on her face, would need to reshoot those. Let me tell you... that makeup was a pain in the butt to work with! I would have liked to get more shots... but it was starting to hurt her eyes. BTW... this is my beautiful daughter. Going to take her to Denny's for breakfast this weekend and try my "Breakfast at Denny's" idea.

i-mSGmFwf-L.jpg
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    I like this new one better, but I don't like the location of the title. It does not give me the feeling of a movie poster.
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Yes, much better.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Much better, but I might de-saturate everything but the lips...her eyes end up looking a little off, I think.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    I like the second one just as is. I don't think you need the gloved hands to make it effective. The makeup does the trick for that. I would try rteest42's suggestion about desaturating the eyes to see if that appeals to you. Nice work!!
  • PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Is it me or is the face to "hot"?
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    More popping - very nice!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Very nice, PedalGirl. Improved second version. Regarding PappyRoot's question on the face being too hot..
    PappyRoot wrote: »
    Is it me or is the face to "hot"?
    ... It is bright, and lacking some detail in the highlights, but I'm afraid toning it down might compromise the intent of the white mime make-up.

There's also a dark spot on the background at the upper right that could be cloned or healed out pretty quickly. That's a little detail that will eliminate any wandering attention.

Cool!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    billseye wrote: »
    Very nice, PedalGirl. Improved second version. Regarding PappyRoot's question on the face being too hot.. ... It is bright, and lacking some detail in the highlights, but I'm afraid toning it down might compromise the intent of the white mime make-up.

There's also a dark spot on the background at the upper right that could be cloned or healed out pretty quickly. That's a little detail that will eliminate any wandering attention.

Cool!

Thanks guys!

I really had a time making the mime make up stand out and had to blow it out a bit to make it work. Makeup just didn't cover as well as it should have. Oh well

Will definitely clone that spot out before I post... thought I had gotten them all, but I noticed that one too. Maybe should have tried shooting this after I painted the walls this weekend. :) Was going to shoot my other idea this weekend but time has run out... spent all weekend turning my dining room into my little studio. But I think it was worth it...

New-Studio-004-L.jpg
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    I could use some studio inspiration. Love seeing yours...thanks for sharing! GP
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    Nice studio! If it were mine, that is the neatest it would ever be. :D

I like the way your mime turned out.