Pole dancing miner bee

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited May 8, 2012 in Holy Macro
Miner bee doing some twirls on a grass stem :)
Brian v.

6967536542_28e4ee113f_o.jpg

6967536570_cd43c9353d_o.jpg

6967536574_d4d0ae0fbe_o.jpg

6967536580_3c2eeced66_o.jpg

Comments

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    somebody needs a dusting :)

very nice shoots you make it look so easy ...and when I try, everything shakes,it looks like I am taking pictures on a boat during a storm...Laughing.gif
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Gatto wrote: »
    somebody needs a dusting :)

very nice shoots you make it look so easy ...and when I try, everything shakes,it looks like I am taking pictures on a boat during a storm...Laughing.gif
    Thanks Gatto,
    I often use a bean pole to help stabilise the camera - hold the pole in the left hand along with a bit of camera (normally the lens). I'm also shooting with flash as the main light source which gives high effective shutter speeds.
    Brian V.
  • GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Thx Brian for the Tip, often as you can read on my posts I shoot on my job-sites(I do A/V installations) so I shoot natural light and on the run :) I will try your tip when I am @ home...and practice,practice and more practice.
  • Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2012
    ok, what I want to know is what you gave that bee to get it to stay still for so long??? eek7.gif You were able to snap off that many images and angles of that critter with out it taking off! Every time I try and get this type of shot, they take off. I guess they are maybe camera shy around here?... headscratch.gif
    edited May 2, 2012
    Pono Photo wrote: »
    ok, what I want to know is what you gave that bee to get it to stay still for so long??? eek7.gif You were able to snap off that many images and angles of that critter with out it taking off! Every time I try and get this type of shot, they take off. I guess they are maybe camera shy around here?... headscratch.gif

We have been having very changeable weather recently and it was simply too cold to take off. I actually picked the grass stem half way through the session so I could get some other angles.
    Brian v.
  • Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2012
    Ahh... there you have it. I guess i forgot what colder weather does to the bees and such living here. I don't think it has gotten below 60 degrees once since I moved here to Kauai. Though to me, that 60 degrees was freezing!
  • carlogallianicarlogalliani Registered Users Posts: 769 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    very nice set
    edited May 8, 2012
    very nice set

Thanks Carlo :)
    Brian v.