Striking a pose and getting struck down !

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited April 28, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I asked her to strike a pose as I appreciated her look to which she kindly did,

7118779731_d2c87ddc64_o.jpg
Striking a pose and getting struck down ! by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

but when I asked this one to strike a pose, she told me not to take her picture, followed
by words that should not come out of any ladies mouth. So I did not. So all I have is
this one that I took prior to her request. 8~)

DSC_8562.jpg

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    The expression of the guy in the background of #1 makes this shot. Her "look" seems to be working for him. Not sure I'd want to disobey the gal in #2. She's an Amazon.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Quote: but when I asked this one to strike a pose, she told me not to take her picture, followed
    by words that should not come out of any ladies mouth. So I did not. So all I have is
    this one that I took prior to her request. 8~) Unquote

Isn't that splitting hairs? I would delete, or not publish, a photo of someone
    who specifically asked not to be photographed.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    Quote: but when I asked this one to strike a pose, she told me not to take her picture, followed

Not to me. Public place is just that. Sorry my threads keep annoying you ne_nau.gif
    But the truth is, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen as they say here in L.A.
    edited April 27, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    The expression of the guy in the background of #1 makes this shot. Her "look" seems to be working for him. Not sure I'd want to disobey the gal in #2. She's an Amazon.

She is a big one. I stand at 6.0 (I used to be 6.1) and she was taller and bigger than me.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    TonyCooper wrote: »

Because of the kind of photos I take, Tony, I usually don't want photos of people 'connecting' with me. But when someone is in a public place, it's entirely up to the photographer to decide whether or not to photograph the person, and whether or not to post the photo. In this case, where the subject unquestionably wants to be noticed - or she/he wouldn't dress this way and parade down Hollywood Blvd, which probably should be renamed Exhibitionist's Row, I wouldn't hesitate two seconds to do as Javier has done.:D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Javier wrote: »
    Not to me. Public place is just that. Sorry my threads keep annoying you ne_nau.gif
    But the truth is, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen as they say here in L.A.

Hear! Hear! Javier -- and BD too! If you don't want your picture taken, stay home. Last summer a guy slashed my camera strap (and my hand at the same time). He's in the hoosgow at the moment, but he was a guy who REALLY didn't want his picture taken. Learning about his law enforcement history explained why.

But this is twenty-first century street photography, and it strikes me that Javier is very good at it.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 28, 2012
    Javier wrote: »
    She is a big one. I stand at 6.0 (I used to be 6.1) and she was taller and bigger than me.
    Are you sure she's really a "she"? ne_nau.gif
    edited April 28, 2012
    captain78 wrote: »
    Are you sure she's really a "she"? ne_nau.gif

Trust me I know. :~)