Mega -- Here goes!

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited April 30, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
All I could come up with was these two. :dunno Would appreciate some C&C. Thanks!

i-ZdFKJhZ-XL.jpg

i-8bs9vFx-XL.jpg

Comments

• MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    I like # 1. # 2 is not a movie that I like to watch :)
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    I like both of them, but the first one is more appealing. Clever!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Like #1 best - good take on the title. Can see the spookiness in #2.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Both very nice, but I would pass on the second movie... :)

I like the first one - very nicely done!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    The second made me laugh! Hilarious! And I love the subtext/commentary in both of them. I like both as photos.

When I think of clockwork, I think of the mechanism of the clock more than the face. But I could also see it as someone working on the clock (while very sad/blue?)

For the second, the composition is a bit static and choppy. Maybe twist the camera a bit so the edges of the hams are diagonal instead of horizontal. I do like having both bones in the frame. I think they are necessary to define the objects as ham. And I like that the bones are on opposite sides of the frame - almost a yin/yang.

Well done and either are fine entries as is.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Thank you for all your replies. iloveyou.gif I think I'm going to pass on the "ham" one -- the humor's a bit too dark. But I did have fun photographing it and explaining to the butcher shop what my intent was.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    richtersl wrote: »
    Thank you for all your replies. iloveyou.gif I think I'm going to pass on the "ham" one -- the humor's a bit too dark. But I did have fun photographing it and explaining to the butcher shop what my intent was.

rolleyes1.gif It is a fantastic idea and realization though - Great creativity as always rolleyes1.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited April 28, 2012
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    The second made me laugh! Hilarious! And I love the subtext/commentary in both of them. I like both as photos.

When I think of clockwork, I think of the mechanism of the clock more than the face. But I could also see it as someone working on the clock (while very sad/blue?)

For the second, the composition is a bit static and choppy. Maybe twist the camera a bit so the edges of the hams are diagonal instead of horizontal. I do like having both bones in the frame. I think they are necessary to define the objects as ham. And I like that the bones are on opposite sides of the frame - almost a yin/yang.

Well done and either are fine entries as is.

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm going to have to remove those commentaries/taglines. Just reread the rules and Joyce states to use only the title and an optional signature. Not worth risking a DQ. Oh well!
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    I really like them both, Linda!... and think either will work as well without the tagline. For me, the second one is fun... funny, but I think the image quality is better on the first. (The marbling in the top ham is pretty close to blown out... any way to tweak the contrast in that area?

Very cool work!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
    edited April 29, 2012
    billseye wrote: »
    I really like them both, Linda!... and think either will work as well without the tagline. For me, the second one is fun... funny, but I think the image quality is better on the first. (The marbling in the top ham is pretty close to blown out... any way to tweak the contrast in that area?

Very cool work!

Thanks! As requested, here's another version of the hams. :D

i-svbgdJj-XL.jpg
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    I think I'm hungry... I think I need some ham steaks for dinner! Laughing.gif
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com