I hope these do not offend

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited April 30, 2012 in Street and Documentary
These where from a short walk yesterday.

IMGP0464.jpg

IMGP0465.jpg

IMGP0481.jpg

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Nice set ! I really like the first one, great color ,light and a beautiful smile, plus the sign, more colours inside . Excellent capture.
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Why would these offend? Javier, you are making me think that nearly everyone in LA dyes their hair some non-natural color. :D I've got to say that with all the images you've posted, there seems to be a special strength you've captured in the people who live in L.A.. You can see it in the confident expressions and body language. Where do you think that strength comes from? Is it something you're singling out by selecting only certain subjects, or does it exist as a natural element of life in the city?
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    RyanS wrote: »
    Why would these offend? Javier, you are making me think that nearly everyone in LA dyes their hair some non-natural color. :D I've got to say that with all the images you've posted, there seems to be a special strength you've captured in the people who live in L.A.. You can see it in the confident expressions and body language. Where do you think that strength comes from? Is it something you're singling out by selecting only certain subjects, or does it exist as a natural element of life in the city?

Thanks Ryan,
    I meant the title to be taken as sarcasm as it seems that so far most of what I have posted has offended someone in one way or another. As far as my approach in the street, most of my encounters are very pleasant and cool. I get along well in the streets no matter what part of the world I am shooting in. Allot of it comes from my confidence and never hiding my intentions. When I am shooting, people know it. I have taken many students out on street photography hunts and the first thing I tell them is to not be sneaky or hide in any way shape or form. But having said this, I have had my fair share of encounters that have not been pleasant. It goes with the territory.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    I THINK THESE WOULD BE MUCH BETTER IN BLACK AND WHITE. RAMBLERAMBLERAMBLE.

:D

Good stuff. I think I like your approach in these, and while I would fashion them portraits over street images, I like that you did impromptu photo sessions on the street with these folks. That's certainly a good practice for the confidence required in this genre.