Today at the beach

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited November 7, 2005 in People
Preference between these two? If so, why?

43406901-M.jpg

43406912-M.jpg

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    No 2 slightly, just because you can see more of her face! I think the shot would be better if it was shot at eye level. Tough lighting conditions, fill flash may have helped ne_nau.gif

Lovely shot all the same thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    No 2 slightly, just because you can see more of her face! I think the shot would be better if it was shot at eye level. Tough lighting conditions, fill flash may have helped ne_nau.gif

Lovely shot all the same thumb.gif
    I agree with gubbs.. this little girl is so sweet.. I always recognize her now Mitchell iloveyou.gif
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    I like number two better. She has an adorable face and the first hides it. Great job with the lighting. Looks like you used just the right amount of fill.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Gubbs, I did use a fill flash!! I was playing with the settings on the fill for these. I dialed it down a bit to avoid that "flash" look and try to keep it natural looking. I was also curious how the camera would handle this challenging lighting.

Lynn, thanks for the sweet comments. Isn't it nice how we all seem to know what each other's family members look like on this site? I love seeing pictures of other people's children over time. It is also interesting to see the SO of our fellow photographers.