Options

Flag Team

PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited May 1, 2012 in People
Majority of my photography these days is centered around our high school band and color guard. We were at ASU for competition last fall and the lighting was great. Sun was bright, but the ASU field is ringed by a golden yellow wall (thankfully they didn't choose the maroon) which made a great reflector, especially when the kids approached the sidelines. Here are a couple I liked.

102211-ASU-Band-Day102-L.jpg

102211-ASU-Band-Day077-L.jpg

3. ...the reason I take the pictures. Actually the 2nd, his older brother is now a freshman in college so this is my "fifth year" of high school. 2 more to go, God willing and the creek don't rise....
102211-ASU-Band-Day054-L.jpg

4. Should crop this a bit. Usually take so many they go straight to the band's Smugmug site I set up with minimal processing, just culling.
102211-ASU-Band-Day064-L.jpg

Thanks for viewing and thanks for all the great info everyone shares on this site. I have had a camera in hand as an amateur for 30 years, and I learn something every time I look at posts and comments on Dgrin.:thumb

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    haha..4 takes the cake here! so much energy... though her pose looks bit awkward. #2 I would toss.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    Nice job, great color ! Keep #2, she made eye contact and with all that going on around her.. I like it, almost like she is winking. And no crop needed in the photo you mention in MO.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    Thanks. I was torn on #2 thinking I missed the timing with the flag, but with the eye contact and smirk I just liked it.

Appreciate the input.