Options

Second body - quandry

rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited April 30, 2012 in Cameras
I currently shoot with a 7D as my main body. I primarily shoot sports (running and similar activities, not field / team sports) and portraits - but also some performances in odd lighting and studio stuff.

I never use the video functionality of my 7D, and my main lenses are primes, or the 70-200 f/4

I'm really tempted to pick up a used 1dMKIII (got a 100k+ shutter count option for $1600 right now) to use as my main sports body - but I'm starting to see sales on new 7Ds in the $1100 range, which obviously frees up cash for other stuff.

So - the eternal question - what would you do? Thoughts? Two 7Ds and some spare change?

Comments

• Options
    AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    I think you should consider the 5DII. You have some lens issues to be sure, but it and a 24-40 MkI would serve you well. (I just went through the same decision...)
  • Options
    rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    I think you should consider the 5DII. You have some lens issues to be sure, but it and a 24-40 MkI would serve you well. (I just went through the same decision...)

As nice as the full frame sensor of the 5d MKII is, I don't want to take a step back in the AF speed or flexibility. I should have mentioned, I do have a Tammy 28-75 - but it's AF isn't quick enough for the sports / action I shoot - it does work well for portraits though.