NYC Crash Tour

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited May 2, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I was on an overnight layover in NYC en route to another place. A friend of mine works for a fashion designer in the city, and we got together for what was essentially a four hour whirlwind tour of NYC. I was more interested in enjoying the company and seeing a few sites (mostly because I'll be back next week and can really concentrate on making images then) but here are a few.

Also, just as a side note, I once envied those of you that lived in NYC for your street photography opportunities, and perhaps it was just that it was night and we were moving so quickly, but it seems to me that the sheer magnitude of people made it more difficult to see good images. Just a thought. Anyway, I'm sure you're really anticipating these images...:roflso here we go.

6987602644_4095917dfe_z.jpg

2 Not sure why...
7133686603_285b049732_c.jpg

6987602204_a6878a5cc3_c.jpg

7133686233_53c88a4c47_z.jpg

There ya have it. This, like all of my posts and musings, is open for harsh, unrelenting critique.

Also, the Canon 50 1.4 is incredible. Just thought I'd mention that.

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    You're B&W exposures are very nice, especially for night work (it was night, right?... :D)
    Rags
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    You're B&W exposures are very nice, especially for night work (it was night, right?... :D)

Most definitely night, these images are untouched aside from conversion and a horizon leveling crop on both the color image and #4.

I should probably say thanks when someone gives me a compliment, so here's my edit to say so.
  • Un latino urbanoUn latino urbano Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    excellent series. Love the last one.
    Muchas Gracias,
    Jose
    edited May 2, 2012
    excellent series. Love the last one.
    Thank you, Jose.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 2, 2012
    Nice work, Quincy. I especially like #3. clap.gif
    edited May 2, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice work, Quincy. I especially like #3. clap.gif
    Thanks Richard, I was glad to have spotted it.