Onward Through the Fog....

OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited May 2, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Just walking around Chattanooga Tennessee in the fog....

(1)
CHATT-FOG-01-86-10-XL.jpg

(2)

CHATT-FOG-01-29-1-XL.jpg

(3)

CHATT-FOG-01-61-7-XL.jpg

(4)

CHATT-FOG-01-38-3-XL.jpg

(5)

CHATT-FOG-01-41-4-XL.jpg

(6)

CHATT-FOG-01-54-6-XL.jpg

(7)

CHATT-FOG-01-80-9-XL.jpg

Penny for your thoughts.
Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.

Comments

• fmrnykrfmrnykr Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    With the execption of #4, I really like them all. I like how you used the fog to emphasize the isolation of the individuals and the structures in your photos.

A couple could have just a wee bit more contrast, but that's just how I would like them so you can pay no attention to that part of my cc.

Good job and keep up the great work.

Bob
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    What I see:

1. Brilliant discovery of line. Water arch matching bridge arch. I'm sure the designer of the fountain intended that, and your ability to see it should make him/her happy.
    2. The "bridge vanishing in to fog" motif is visually compelling. Perhaps that is why it is done so much. What I like here is the tight symmetry. I can't decide if that biker is breaking the symmetry in a visually compelling way or not. Thoughts?
    3. NC.
    4. Highly graphical. The "gray blob" behind the left web breaks the ultra-high contrast effect and causes my eye to explore it.
    5. Are the runners breaking the visual rhythm, or playing counterpoint? Are they in the right spot to be playing counterpoint?
    6. Same as #5, but this time the counterpoint of the sitting couple seems to exist in a stronger visual location.
    7. I do get the sense of depth, but that shadow transition is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I will suggest that it is me, not you.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    RyanS wrote: »
    What I see:

1. Brilliant discovery of line. Water arch matching bridge arch. I'm sure the designer of the fountain intended that, and your ability to see it should make him/her happy.
    2. The "bridge vanishing in to fog" motif is visually compelling. Perhaps that is why it is done so much. What I like here is the tight symmetry. I can't decide if that biker is breaking the symmetry in a visually compelling way or not. Thoughts?
    3. NC.
    4. Highly graphical. The "gray blob" behind the left web breaks the ultra-high contrast effect and causes my eye to explore it.
    5. Are the runners breaking the visual rhythm, or playing counterpoint? Are they in the right spot to be playing counterpoint?
    6. Same as #5, but this time the counterpoint of the sitting couple seems to exist in a stronger visual location.
    7. I do get the sense of depth, but that shadow transition is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I will suggest that it is me, not you.

Ryan, Thanks for your comments.

(1) Glad you noticed that. I tried several angles, looking for a harmony of arches, before settling on the one shown.

(2) Naturally, I have one without the biker and it is just not as compelling. As with several of the others in this series, (3), (5), & (6) I find the addition of a human element to be the key feature that pulls the viewer into the scene.

(4) It was a droplet cover spider web. The photo Gods commanded me to take the shot :D

(7) That shadow transition just gives me the warm fuzzies.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    Bob,

I like what you said and I too would prefer more contrast. The conditions made having a black point easy, but when I tried to set a white point it just didn't look right. It kinda messed up the foggy aspect too much.