Please welcome our new mod, Harryb

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited May 10, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Please join me in welcoming Harryb as the new mod of Street & PJ. Many of you already know him from his outstanding work as mod of the Wildlife forum or from some of the fine street work he has posted here. I couldn't ask for a better replacement.

As for me, well, after four years as a Dgrin mod I've decided to return to civilian life. I'll still be hanging out here as an occasional contributor. It has been exciting to watch this forum grow from a gleam in my eye to a full-blown, if sometimes obstreperous, adolescent. Some other changes are in the works as well so stay tuned--hopefully the best is yet to come.

:wave

Comments

• RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Thanks for your efforts, Richard. I've not been here long, but I've appreciated your comments and contributions. See you around.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Obstreperous. Now there's a word to chew on for a while.

Richard, thank you for all your efforts over the years. I joined DGrin way back when to find an outlet for my growing passion and a place for mentorship and learning. You managed to create an environment for both. No easy task.

Sincerest thanks once again and looking forward to some new shots from you!

Oh, and hey Harry. Welcome to the pigpen... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Richard you have done a fine job and will be missed here. I miss you already.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    I found dgrin about a couple of weeks before I purchased my first DSLR, then the street/pj forum opened shortly after. This little community has had a huge impact on my shooting style. I am ever greateful for the nurturing sometimes chaotic enviornment. Reminds me of my crazy family when politics and religion are discussed.
    I hope you do continue to post. You were helpful on the forum and behind the scenes with some tutorial pms.

Thank you Richard iloveyou.gif.

Hi there Harry and welcome.
    I'm not good with change but I feel like I know you a bit already.

I will search for some squirrels to include in my pj shots now--I know how much you love them. I might even use selective color to highlight them.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 3, 2012
    Thank you Richard iloveyou.gif.

Hi there Harry and welcome.
    I'm not good with change but I feel like I know you a bit already.

I will search for some squirrels to include in my pj shots now--I know how much you love them. I might even use selective color to highlight them.

You do know that Adobe invented the clone tool specifically to clone squirrels out of pictures.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Obstreperous. Now there's a word to chew on for a while.

Richard, thank you for all your efforts over the years. I joined DGrin way back when to find an outlet for my growing passion and a place for mentorship and learning. You managed to create an environment for both. No easy task.

Sincerest thanks once again and looking forward to some new shots from you!

Oh, and hey Harry. Welcome to the pigpen... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Well said... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 3, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    You do know that Adobe invented the clone tool specifically to clone squirrels out of pictures.

Isn't that the tool that resembles a noose? eek7.gif

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Thank you Richard for all your efforts. I know my skills are better as a result of your input.

And welcome Harry. I'll try not to muck it up too much. I've gotten better.

Really. :D

edited May 3, 2012
    Angelo wrote: »
    Isn't that the tool that resembles a noose? eek7.gif

You're thinking of the lasso tool but I like the analogy.
    Harry
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Thank you ! Richard you will be missed.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Thank you, Richard, for all your efforts, both in front of and behind the camera. This forum would not exist, we're it not for you. Everyone of us here owes you an enormous debt of gratitude. Thank you.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Thank you for your guidance and level headedness over the years. It ain't an easy group to keep in line. I hope you will continue to participate.

Harry, welcome to the puzzle factory. We'll drive you crazy, even if you're within walking distance.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Richard, thank you so very much for your contributions in creating, nursing, growing, and moderating this forum. You have been the voice of reason and insight, always offering valuable commentary and truly "moderating" the ups and downs (and many more ups than downs) through these past years. You have also presented wonderful threads with your personal style and sense of humor through your photography. And I certainly appreciate your recognition in some of my photos of the sites that I frequent from your previous residence here.

I will miss you as moderator, but do not expect your complete absence. And I anxiously await the changes you allude to with "the best is yet to come"! Again, thanks!

Harry, welcome as moderator. I already sense enthusiasm and a well-tempered sense of appropriateness for the photos and comments. I look forward to participating with you as moderator!
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Been on the back roads for a week from Florida to Colorado, so I missed the change.

Welcome, Harry! We've crossed paths in the past, so I know you'll do what needs to be done to keep things together.

Richard, Sorry to see you go. It's not a job I'd have on a bet, but you hung in there in spite of the inevitable clashes with the large egos one normally expects on a forum like this one. Keep posting, though. You posted some of the best street work I've seen in a long time.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    Been on the back roads for a week from Florida to Colorado, so I missed the change.

Welcome, Harry! We've crossed paths in the past, so I know you'll do what needs to be done to keep things together.

Richard, Sorry to see you go. It's not a job I'd have on a bet, but you hung in there in spite of the inevitable clashes with the large egos one normally expects on a forum like this one. Keep posting, though. You posted some of the best street work I've seen in a long time.
    I also have been on the back roads (Four Corners in an RV seeing Ruins! :D ) and didn't notice the change until it was referenced by RSL in a recent post here in "Documentary"!

Sorry to see you go Richard. I'll be watching for you image contributions! Welcome Harry. What a great person to take over the position! :D

Well, back to p'ing the hundreds of shots from the last three weeks. Posts to come! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    Thank You Richard.... being a 'newbie', I really appreciated your comments. Good luck with your future endeavours.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    I thought I already responded to this...anyway...welcome!