Options

D300 actuations... opinions?

CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited May 3, 2012 in Cameras
So, I've read quite a few similar threads (here and elsewhere) but none seem to address my conundrum.

I have had my D300 since new. It has been faithful, reliable and is still in excellent cosmetic and working condition. It currently has 145K actuations. I know they are rated for 150K so there are obvious reliability questions. Is the general consensus to have it sent to Nikon for a repair, replacement and a reset? When I sent my D2H to Nikon (go ahead laugh but I still love it) They replaced the shutter which reset the shutter count. At that number, on the D300, would they just replace the shutter and do the same reset? What would you do? Opinions?

Thanks

www.cardensmith.com

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    If your D300 is still doing the job for you and you are satisfied with it why do anything at all? If it isn't broken why fix it?
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    I'd keep shooting until it breaks, then send it in. You might be able to get another 100k actuations out of it, or it could break tomorrow. I'm at 190k on my D700 and it is still working perfectly.