lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited May 6, 2012 in Street and Documentary
photo-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Nice work with the Iphone. One thing I love about subway captures is that they so often show folks trying to use something (books, phones, MP3 players, etc) to avoid their surroundings and fellow travelers.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Nice Liz, exposure & conversion spot on
    Rags
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    Nice work with the Iphone. One thing I love about subway captures is that they so often show folks trying to use something (books, phones, MP3 players, etc) to avoid their surroundings and fellow travelers.

Harry,
    I just upgraded to an iphone. I have been waiting patiently and the day is here!!
    It is so much easier to shoot w/ it than my Evo, the ergonomics alone.
    Also I like all the apps and the processing available on the phone itself without having to upload it elsewhere in order to process it.

I took a few street shots today and I am thrilled!

I did mess up once--My best street shot in a while was taken today w/ the iphone. I saw it after I clicked and was doing toe touches and I didn't hit the save button and it's like the shot never existed. Live and learn.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 3, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Nice Liz, exposure & conversion spot on

Thanks Rags! I am going to like this new street camera iloveyou.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Harry,
    I just upgraded to an iphone. I have been waiting patiently and the day is here!!
    It is so much easier to shoot w/ it than my Evo, the ergonomics alone.
    Also I like all the apps and the processing available on the phone itself without having to upload it elsewhere in order to process it.

I took a few street shots today and I am thrilled!

I did mess up once--My best street shot in a while was taken today w/ the iphone. I saw it after I clicked and was doing toe touches and I didn't hit the save button and it's like the shot never existed. Live and learn.

If only...if only...if only...that rail wasn't cutting right across the top of her face. If only....mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Right... If only I had different parents I could be King.... :D
    Rags
    edited May 4, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    If only...if only...if only...that rail wasn't cutting right across the top of her face. If only....mwink.gif
    torags wrote: »
    Right... If only I had different parents I could be King.... :D

holy cow, I learned how to multi quote--and it was so easy too.

Point taken. I was close to a good shot though right? lol ok. I know close isn't good enough.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    holy cow, I learned how to multi quote--and it was so easy too.

Point taken. I was close to a good shot though right? lol ok. I know close isn't good enough.

Precisely. You were within inches of a good shot, and you did have control. This is definitely not a wishes and kings situation.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited May 6, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Precisely. You were within inches of a good shot, and you did have control. This is definitely not a wishes and kings situation.

Not quite true BD. If I wanted to just get her putting her make up, then yes I could have stood infront of them and shot down at her. However, I was going for the couple as a whole. They are the story. I like that they are connected via the iphone and are sharing music, each one with one earbud in their ear tethered together. I could not get them both in the shot without stepping on someone. This was the best option, though I know it missed. I just so badly wanted to get them and was frustrated by my inability to angle myself better.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Not quite true BD. If I wanted to just get her putting her make up, then yes I could have stood infront of them and shot down at her. However, I was going for the couple as a whole. They are the story. I like that they are connected via the iphone and are sharing music, each one with one earbud in their ear tethered together. I could not get them both in the shot without stepping on someone. This was the best option, though I know it missed. I just so badly wanted to get them and was frustrated by my inability to angle myself better.

I know the feeling. Many days I see something that I want to capture but the light isn't right or there are obstructions in the way. Often I say "screw it" and take the shot anyway. When I get home I usually end up deleting it or getting a less than steller image if I process it. Sometimes we just have to say "damn it!" and move on to the next photo op.

Its always frustrating when the shooting conditions conflict with our vision for an image.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"