Is This Something?

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited May 6, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Here's an idea for the Forum -

An excellent photographer friend and I have for years occasionally passed images back and forth as email attachments with the subject line - Is This Something? These are images that we think are special, but that we have nagging doubts about. The response may be a simple Ya!! Nope. Yes. Hell yes! Sorry, but no. Or it may be a bit of an analysis, going into why the image is close, but doesn't quite work, and suggesting what would have made the difference. Anyway, try posting images sometimes with that that title - and be prepared for the fallout. It can be a very useful exercise.
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Great idea! Although I'm always open to people saying that it doesn't work and why with anything I post.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Good attitude! I just suggest the line as a way to for the poster to indicate that he or she thinks the image is really special, but isn't quite sure.mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Good attitude! I just suggest the line as a way to for the poster to indicate that he or she thinks the image is really special, but isn't quite sure.mwink.gif

I also suggest that the title be supplemented with a distinguishing title (eg - "Something? Dogs") so that we do not have numerous threads with this same title (such as when "Untitled" was the rage), making it tedious to return to a given thread without opening a bunch of them.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    rainbow wrote: »
    I also suggest that the title be supplemented with a distinguishing title (eg - "Something? Dogs") so that we do not have numerous threads with this same title (such as when "Untitled" was the rage), making it tedious to return to a given thread without opening a bunch of them.

If it's a problem, how about ITS?_Rainbow_0 50612. Or whatever the poster's name and the date are?
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com