Make a Wish

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
edited November 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
I was processing this last night .
43399417-M.jpg

When I noticed this in a small crop.
43399217-L.jpg

and I didn't even get to make a wish.:cry
Funny how things appear mysteriously appear in the background.
AL
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    thats kewl!! go ahead and make the wish anyway..
    thanx for sharing,
    troy
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Wow......what is it ??
    Allen wrote:
    I was processing this last night .
    When I noticed this in a small crop.
    and I didn't even get to make a wish.:cry
    Funny how things appear mysteriously appear in the background.
    AL

Don't ya just love it when those clouds ripple like waves of fire across the sky.
    Do you actually know what that is in the sky of your second image???
    Is it a shooting star ?? or something else....lucky capture on your part hu :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Yup - things you never notice when shooting magically appear in post. That's a pretty cool one!
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Fireball?
    I saw your pic, and that looks like a classic "fireball", or, really large meteor. I found it in your original pic, and it could also be a jet trail illuminated by the setting sun. The altitude of it on the sky is high enough, and the actual altitude would be high enough too for it to be that golden color.

That being said, I Googled meteor and missouri and november 2005, to find that recently there have been many fireball sightings. They are really cool when you catch them at night, in particular the Leonids of 2000 showed me about 40 of them.

Anyhoot: this is from CNN World. Check out the NASA link...send in your photo!
    (edited to copy this:)

According to the Web site of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), such fireballs have been reported elsewhere in the world and may also be due to the fact that the Earth is now orbiting through a swarm of space debris.

Many people in Germany have noticed the fireballs, said Werner Walter, an amateur astronomer in Mannheim who runs a Web site on unexplained astronomical phenomena and a hotline for reports on unidentified flying objects (UFO).

"The last reported sighting was yesterday at 7:30 p.m. (1830 GMT) in a corridor near the border of the Netherlands," he told Reuters in a telephone interview. "This week we have had at least 15 emails and phone calls from people reporting these fireballs," he said. "Some people said it looks like something out of a science fiction horror film."

In addition to a possible meteor streak, Walter said amateur and professional astronomers were considering the possibility that the blitz was the result of a "falling satellite or UFOs." "It is possible that they are UFOs, which are after all things which we cannot explain," he said.

NASA's science Web site (http://science.nasa.gov) mentions reports of recent fireball sightings in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, North Ireland and Japan. It includes images of the fireballs, which one man likened to a spotlight.

Walter described them as "super-large, colored fireballs that shoot with the speed of lightning through the sky".

However, the NASA Web site quotes meteor expert David Asher from the Armagh Observatory in Northern Ireland as saying that people "are probably seeing the Taurid meteor shower".

Taurids are meteors that shoot out of the constellation Taurus, which peaks at the end of October and early November.

Adrienne :):
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Thanks for the info Adrienne. I took a series of shots and "it" didn't show in any of them. If it
    was a plane it would have been there in them all so I concluded it was a meteor.

My DW bought the lottery ticket that day, I guess I should of instead of her.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks all, appreciate everyones comments,
    AL
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Like the original pic BTW

Brian V.