the moon inspired by Nikolai

ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited November 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
seen some amazing shots of the moon here thought id give it a go myself didn't get the detail i wanted tho but it was my first try so ill go easy on myself

43470409-L.jpg
Digital rebel
iso 100
1/100
300mm

Comments

• morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    was this with a tripod or not because that is one of the things that can make a difference with some photographers, "me".Bob
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Very Good Attempt
    sser wrote:
    seen some amazing shots of the moon here thought id give it a go myself didn't get the detail i wanted tho but it was my first try so ill go easy on myself
    Digital rebel
    iso 100
    1/100
    300mm
    I'm wondering if you hand held this shot too.... I see your using a 300mm, is your image cropped at all ?? I'm keen to know how close one can expect to get without cropping.......no mistaking that it's the moon thats for sure, even though the image is a tad blurry....... I am keen to have a go at shooting the moon myself......just got a new tripod yesterday :D

Thanks for sharing Sser, not bad at all for a first try, I bet you nail it the next time you attempt it.........Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Sser,
    Thank you for your reference:-)
    I think your shot is totally on par what I was getting inititally with my tamron 70-300.
    I think the primary reason I eventually could get better ones was that I was able to use a much better lens (my boss's 100-400L IS USM). I did get a feeling that both USM and IS features helped a lot - AF was far more accurate and IS allowed me to shoot handheld.
    Keep up trying! Moon is grownig:-)thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    yes this shot was handheld I havnt seen the moon in 2 weeks!! it disapeared here on the gold coast, auz so when i saw it i had to snap a few.. Nikolai i wish i knew someone who had a sweet lens like you got but ill have to definately use a tripod next time i hear the full moons out next week so ill try then :):
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Check this out
    "How to photograph the Moon with your digital camera"
    http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,,3-10122-22-52482545-0,00.html
    "May the f/stop be with you!"