nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    1 is Excellent.

2 is ne_nau.gif

3 is backfocused, with nasty background. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2012
    #1: love the composition and POV here. Great background and low angle. Really nice image.
    #2: I get it - but for me there are a couple of issues that detract from the potential. The light is quite flat, the background doesn't have a focal point and the bike is a bit close to the frame edge. I think the concept is great as a way of looking at the race meet differently. Its not a standard shot and not one that you would want more than a couple of ... but it adds variety to a set.
    #3: agree with nipprdog
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    kurtwkurtw Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2012
    Torags, thanks for sharing the shots. I love seeing supermoto!

#1 is a really exciting image and well shot!

#2 doesn't work for me. I see a fast bike flying past but then my eyes fix on the building in the background and stay there until I get bored with it.
    Edit to add: I get it too, but I think for a shot to work like this, there has to be a second, related subject as the point focus. E.g., a fan cheering the rider on, not a couple lounging in front of a building in the distance.

#3 is interesting action but I really want to see more of the dirt/pavement transition here. Do they go into a turn here with dirty tires? I think the wider perspective might make this even more interesting. (but that really depends on the track...usually the transitions are interesting spots on the track). One more edit: I would love a shot of the leader trying to power away from the chasers on dirty tires while the guys behind transition, etc.... Hope that helps.

Thanks again!