Options

images.getinfo - which filename?

mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
The filename parameter that's returned with the images.getinfo command - is that the photo's original filename or the smugmug filename?

Matt

Comments

• Options
    mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    I finally got around to testing this myself, so I'll answer my own question in case anyone else was curious.

The FileName parameter that is returned is indeed the original filename of the uploaded image. I also found that additional URL parameters for each of the smugmug sizes was returned (which is not listed in the spec).

Matt
  • Options
    dlobeldlobel Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Matt,

Can you offer an example of how to use this code to return the filename as a string?

Thanks.

-Dave-
    mbrady wrote:
    The filename parameter that's returned with the images.getinfo command - is that the photo's original filename or the smugmug filename?

Matt
  • Options
    dlobeldlobel Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    After further homework, it looks like this is part of the API and not a simple posting of a code snippit.

-Dave-
    dlobel wrote:
    Matt,

Can you offer an example of how to use this code to return the filename as a string?

Thanks.

-Dave-
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 30, 2006
    dlobel wrote:
    After further homework, it looks like this is part of the API and not a simple posting of a code snippit.

-Dave-

nod.gif u need an api key and there a fair bit if coding to get it working.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos