Playing wit toning

Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
edited November 9, 2005 in People
Shot these of my cousins at a family Party. I used a 'Daniel Chui's" toning action.

43566157-M.jpg

43565758-M.jpg

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Looks really good, I really like the photos. I am not familiar with the method you used.
  • chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Sandy wrote:
    Looks really good, I really like the photos. I am not familiar with the method you used.
    It's a photoshop action.
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    I really like the toning and the photos.Would love it of you posted a link to the action..
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Nice toning action, Trish!

4Labs, for free, and with lots of choices, you can do toning on your photoshop. I used info from Scott Kelby I think. It is easy. Convert to blk and white, under images to mode. Then click on duotone, you are now ready to play!

I am sure the help menu can give you a very short tutorial on how to play, but it is so easy I know it by heart now.

ginger (I convert to blk and white the reg way w channels and stuff, then I have to totally use the thing under mode to get rid of the color for good. Make sure to keep your original, name the photo you are working with something else, or I mean, save before you do this, with a name, so that you can have many versions of same photo cluttering up your hard drive.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Sandy wrote:

Thanks Sandy. It is an action used in Photoshop.
    edited November 8, 2005
    chrisjlee wrote:
    It's a photoshop action.
    Hi chris.
    The link you provide is not the action I used. I do not see the action I did use on that site.
    edited November 8, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I really like the toning and the photos.Would love it of you posted a link to the action..
    i don't have a link to it//I believe I got it on another forum a few years ago.
    edited November 9, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Nice toning action, Trish!
    Thanks ginger. It prints out really nice...looks better in print than on here.