sequence of two

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited May 9, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Do these work as a sequence, or is it one of those "you had to be there" moments.

sp-17-L.jpg

sp-18-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    I don't know whether or not they "work," but they're a crackup. I'm ROTFL.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    2nd one works all by itself. I don't know what is going on but there is lot for my to look at and explore. lol
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    First impression is that the first one works well because of the expression lower right which is more subtle than his expression in the second. Actually, the second robs from the first by being a bit too "on the nose," if that makes sense. Both are good though. Good sequence if they are your kids. For broader presentation, not so sure.A certain amount of ambiguity is good.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    #2 for me. Is that that Iphone?
    Rags
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    I don't know whether or not they "work," but they're a crackup. I'm ROTFL.

oh good--I was going for laughs. I know I laughed pretty good, though it helps to know the kids personalities here.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 9, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    2nd one works all by itself. I don't know what is going on but there is lot for my to look at and explore. lol

fyi--the kid standing up was walking by (they all know each other), the kid in the back pulled at his jersey so the kid standing up went to slap his hand away and missed his hand and slapped the kid sitting down.

I missed the following shot because I was too busy trying to save the kid standing up from going over the railing (first row top tier) when the kid that got slapped lunged for him and nearly knocked him over.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 9, 2012
    seastack wrote: »
    First impression is that the first one works well because of the expression lower right which is more subtle than his expression in the second. Actually, the second robs from the first by being a bit too "on the nose," if that makes sense. Both are good though. Good sequence if they are your kids. For broader presentation, not so sure.A certain amount of ambiguity is good.

and let me tell you, the expression on "the" kid in #1 is spot on his personality :)

They are not my kids physically, though they are on my son's baseball team and therefore by extension my kids.

BTW--recently my boy was pretty hurt in baseball, get this, the kid standing up, the day after this a runner slid into him at home (he's catcher) and broke two bones on his leg. Baseball is ferocious this year.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 9, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    #2 for me. Is that that Iphone?

Thank you--two was .5 seconds after the slap.

Canon 5D w/ 50mm1.4 :)
    Liz A.
    _________