Options

Budds Creek Motocross

LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
edited May 12, 2012 in Sports
Here some from last weekends atv national at Budds. I had a hard time dealing with the sun, any suggestions would be great.
i-GZfWjL2-L.jpg
i-pXwxGzr-L.jpg
i-sZdKhDk-L.jpg
i-t4K6NrW-L.jpg
i-CpTspCV-L.jpg
i-wWWGc2c-L.jpg
i-dh5PWb6-L.jpg
i-4NmdhZW-L.jpg
D300s D90
Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com

Comments

• Options
    jmetteerjmetteer Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    Here are my thoughts on these, from the proverbial GWC so they really hold no weight. :D

1 Cool shot, I really like this one.

2 & 3 & 8 The background on these Is too busy for me, it is distracting. I know it is a MX track and they are a pain most of the time when it comes to backgrounds.

4 I like but I keep wondering if it wouldn't look better as a portrait crop, the empty space on the right is bothering me.

5 &6 I like the racing aspect of these, I always find it harder to catch the heat of the battle moment with quads as compared to bikes.

7 Another one I really like, best of the bunch in my opinion.

Later,
  • Options
    kurtwkurtw Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    6 & 7 are my favorites. Good racing action in 6 and 7 is just a great shot.

As for dealing with the direct mid-day sun, the best I can ever do is pick my shooting spots carefully, juggling light, backgrounds, and track layout for good action. You could use a fill flash but that doesn't automatically solve all your problems and is tricky to do well if you've got backlighting from the sun.
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    I like all of these. You are getting better for sure. 7 is really nice. Like the crop on it. But it would be hard to print it on standard sizes. The only thing that would make em better is if they were dirtbikes, haha!
    Great job.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2012
    Love number 6. Great crop / composition. Plenty of action and great context shot.
    Love the colour and sharpness in this set. Very impressive set ... although four of the eight were from behind. I am assuming that ratio is just a quirk of your selection for posting.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2012
    Thanks guys, looking forward to putting your suggestions to practice. Zero, four wheels are always better then two, lol.
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com