Need some (lots) help please

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited November 8, 2005 in Finishing School
Thank you in advance and not sure if this is the right spot for this post.

I really like this tree, but there isn't any angle that I can take a picture that it doesn't have 'crap' behind it. I also wanted some morning sun hitting the leaves. I haven't done any PP except to crop the second picture. The shot could well be a pointless venture, but maybe if I can blur the 'crap'?? Or something. Oh this was taken with the 70-200 f/4
f/4, ISO 400, 70mm, 1/1600

43644918-L.jpg

43644960-L.jpg

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    I see a green tree to the right
    Maybe move to the left and get just half the tree with the green as a background
    Since it seem you can't get the whole tree without the "crap" then move in close shoot wide open to blur background.
    Maybe get someone in the backgroung too ne_nau.gif
    Different lens would help too (faster lens)
    Show us what you come up with

Good luck
    Fred
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Thusie, look up the word "cloning". Play with that tool to get rid of the stuff that is bothering you, there is not that much. The healing brush and the patch might help, too.

I really do like that tree, it is a cool, unique, shape!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    I see a green tree to the right
    Maybe move to the left and get just half the tree with the green as a background
    Good luck
    Fred
    Well Duh, and I'm serious.Never thought of moving that way since I would be right up against the house...Working on your suggestions, thanks

Ginger, glad you like the tree, working on cloning the white poll out, eyes are starting to cross:D

Might get a bit of sun so back to it.

Thank you!
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 8, 2005
    Thusie wrote:
    Well Duh, and I'm serious.Never thought of moving that way since I would be right up against the house...Working on your suggestions, thanks

Ginger, glad you like the tree, working on cloning the white poll out, eyes are starting to cross:D

Might get a bit of sun so back to it.

Thank you!
    House? hmmmm, why not reorient your postion to the other side of the tree and shoot it with the house as a backdrop? The house, or portion thereof, would probably prove much less "busy".
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    House? hmmmm, why not reorient your postion to the other side of the tree and shoot it with the house as a backdrop? The house, or portion thereof, would probably prove much less "busy".
    That might work, next year, we are just about at twig stage today:cry Am saving your suggestion in my notes.

Ginger, how would you use the healing brush on the prior picture?

However earlier I went out and tried the shot with the 50 f/1.8, I couldn't get it to work. Not sure why exactly, but with the DOF shallow it was to shallow for the tree. Operator error.

f/2.8, ISO 100

43667837-L.jpg

So decided to try the 70-200 again and back up. I think this might work, but the leaves have really lost their punch since yesterday. I did a bit of PP and not sure about that.
    f/4.0, ISO 100 ( I think I should have had it at 200?) 159mm

43667986-L.jpg