Cold Stream

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited May 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I happened upon a family while on a nature walk on the weekend. Do these work or did you have to be there?

untitled-6319-L.jpg

untitled-6331-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    The first one yes.
    It has the WTFness to it and the dog helping to search for whatever makes it for me.
    I really want to know what they are looking for because of the sense of urgency from the pointers.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    Thanks for commenting Liz. I thought there was sufficient curiosity peaked in #1 to work. Wasn't sure about #2 but saw a child's portrait posted earlier i thought I'd ask. I'm usually confused by what is acceptable on the forum and what gets the thumbs down or ignored. I'm not very bright I guess Laughing.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    personally, I really like number 2. That is a true a candid as they come and the comp and tones are wonderful. Love the context
    and story that is building.

As for the first, I like it, but really feel it could benefit from getting in front of them to see some faces and perhaps a glimpse of what they are looking at.

Your monochrome work is outstanding !!!
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    First has potential with the story being apparent, but the shot falls short. Probably needed to me much closer and on the opposite bank.

I like the second as it is apparent that the kid needs to test the boots in the water.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2012
    Thanks Javier and Rainbow. I had the same feeling about #2. Lost opportunity. I need to grow bigger cojones and just get in there.

patti hinton photography