Options

Off to get some water

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited May 10, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
There is a good story behind this image. The City of Tagaytay (where I am staying every weekend) is on a highly elevated location, about 2000 feet above sea level. Because of that, it is a very good summer destination and tourist spot to get away from the busy life of Manila. Due to its high elevation one of the challenges in living in Tagaytay is finding a good source of clean water. If you do not have your own deep well to pump water from the ground you'd have a hard time living in this area. Luckily, from the local governments' effort, there's been some ongoing projects to provide good, clean water throughout the area.

One early Saturday morning, I decided to go down towards the main road hoping that I could find something interesting to shoot. While taking pictures of leaves covered with morning dews I saw these two kids carrying a wooden cart that looks like a mechanism to carry water containers. I thought "Maybe, I could get one good shot of them playfully pulling the cart upward." So, I set my camera to aperture priority mode and put it at f/8. Setting my camera's ISO to 400 I got a good shutter speed of 1/125 second. Here is the shot after I processed it in LR and Photoshop. Thank you for reading and for viewing. Smiley.gif

7155988184_69fefca3d0_b.jpg

Nikon D70 with a Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 lens. ISO 400 at f/8, 1/125 second.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments