Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited May 11, 2012 in People
i-3VqQwVD-XL.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    This is really excellent Antonio, much more than just a portrait. Not that there is anything wrong with your ever-impressive portrait images.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    This is really excellent Antonio, much more than just a portrait. Not that there is anything wrong with your ever-impressive portrait images.

Thank you Quincy. :D
    I have however made an improved version.
    i-PzDWfm7-XL.jpg
  • Options
    ricstewricstew Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I really like the first version :) The many children emphasis the aloneness/hesitation of the primary subject.......not that I think the second isn't excellent as well :)
    cheers
    Jan
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    Having no idea of the original capture I have to say: The first version is powerful and beautiful, the second is manipulation. The crop is something of a slap.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Having no idea of the original capture I have to say: The first version is powerful and beautiful, the second is manipulation. The crop is something of a slap.

bowdown.gif for your comment :D

Sometimes I hesitate between two versions... the best thing is that I ever do second versions rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    underthesurfaceunderthesurface Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    In the first version the two children in the center of the frame are both looking towards frame left while the child on the left is looking towards the camera. Removing the child from the left and that implied line (the eyes looking at the lens) removes an important dimension of the shot for me. The first image makes me think "what's so important that the two are distracted from the camera, while the other is not?", while the second just shows a picture of two children looking at something to the left of the camera.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    In the first version the two children in the center of the frame are both looking towards frame left while the child on the left is looking towards the camera. Removing the child from the left and that implied line (the eyes looking at the lens) removes an important dimension of the shot for me. The first image makes me think "what's so important that the two are distracted from the camera, while the other is not?", while the second just shows a picture of two children looking at something to the left of the camera.

I can' t say that I disagree with you... :D

bowdown.gif