michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited May 13, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I prefer the first one .
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    that first shot works with or without the person imo. I love the high contrast here because to me it is not taking away from any central scene. It's about the wonderful clutter of the book shop. IT's the same sense I get when stepping into the Strand here in the city. So much reading material to chose from you don't even know where to start and you brace yourself for wonderful hours spent in search of... I love that first shot, though the more I look at it the more I wish she wasn't there. It desperately makes me want to be there right now w/ a few hours to kill.

#2. Fun shot and I really like the expression you captured on her face.

Don't know if others will agree, but I am a fan of this processing and I think in both instances it works.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    Not your best, Jenn - First is just too busy, in part for the very reason that Liz likes it. Additionally, in both one and two shadows are just so deep that too much is lost.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I like #1. Nothin' wrong with that context IMO
    Rags
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2012
    The second one Kills...It is what I call $$$ The motion blur is stunningly cool.....
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2012
    I like the clutter of the first -- makes it feel exactly like a bookstore! Second grabs at first but ultimately disappoints as not enough is actually transpiring after exploring the shot.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2012
    This has been interesting. I sort of expected the bookshop to be bagged and the cafe enjoyed. Go figure. Thanks for the feedback and insight. I'll probably keep doing the random CBD store-front shots, working one street at a time. More as an exercise than anything.