Options

Summer 2012 Posing the Light Workshop

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 12, 2012 in People
I'm thinking of throwing another instance of my "Posing the Light" modeling workshop (Sat + 1/2 Sun).
From my previous experience setting a hard date/place is hard for people to match their existing schedules to, so I am going to make it fairly open date-wise (as long as it's on a weekend starting mid-June), and I have several possible locations in mind:
* Thousand Oaks, CA (it's close to LA and that's where I am ;-)
* Mountain View, CA (that's where SM HQ is, just in case you didn't know:-)
* St. George, UT
* Phoenix, AZ
* Northwest (Seattle or western Canada)
* Chicago, IL
* Roanoke, VA
* Boston, MA

(EDIT considering Pono comment: I don't mind travelling to other locations, including globally, as long as the destination is easy to reach, is safe, has decent accomodations and traveling expenses can be justified by the number of attendees - I still want it to be affordable)

The curriculum includes studio lighting, model posing, studio and outdoor practice shooting and postprocessing.

Please PM/email with your choice of location/dates if interested.
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 11, 2012
    Aww man! This is the stuff that makes it a bummer to live on Kauai. None of this stuff ever happens out here. *sigh* And with the price of airfare these days... ugh...
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    Pono Photo wrote: »
    Aww man! This is the stuff that makes it a bummer to live on Kauai. None of this stuff ever happens out here. *sigh* And with the price of airfare these days... ugh...

Hey, I never thought of (and thus haven't mentioned) Hawaii just because I don't know if there is enough people there who'd be interested... If you think there are 8..12 people who are (I think this amount would be enough to keep it really affordable and still justify my own travel expences) - let's talk :-) It's surely cheaper to fly one-two people (I may need to bring an assistant to accomodate a larger crowd) than a dozen...
  • Options
    Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 11, 2012
    I'm betting I could easily come up with that many people. I'll ask around and let you know. Most people here do a lot of landscape photography of course, but want to branch out more. Thanks for taking us in remote Hawaii into consideration. :D
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    As I said in PM I may be interested if you work something out in the Chicago area. Just depends on timing. I'll be traveling through that area throughout the summer for work.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    Pono Photo wrote: »
    I'm betting I could easily come up with that many people. I'll ask around and let you know. Most people here do a lot of landscape photography of course, but want to branch out more. Thanks for taking us in remote Hawaii into consideration. :D

Thank you!
    The good thing is, it's still considered a domestic flight :-)

However, I have my passport in good standing, so if we get enough interest in Europe, Downunder, etc. I don't have any problem travelling globally...
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    As I said in PM I may be interested if you work something out in the Chicago area. Just depends on timing. I'll be traveling through that area throughout the summer for work.
    Exactly why I'm trying to get interest first, and set the exact time/place later. For me one weekend is almost as good as any other. But I had so much trouble before declaring the exact time only to hear, "aww, if it were only a weak earlier/later..." ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Exactly why I'm trying to get interest first, and set the exact time/place later. For me one weekend is almost as good as any other. But I had so much trouble before declaring the exact time only to hear, "aww, if it were only a weak earlier/later..." ne_nau.gif

Yep, I understand. Unfortunately I don't know people in the area to put it together. So, I'll see if anyone else posts an interest in the Chicago area and will work with them to come up with a common good weekend.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Yep, I understand. Unfortunately I don't know people in the area to put it together. So, I'll see if anyone else posts an interest in the Chicago area and will work with them to come up with a common good weekend.

As I have mentioned in PM, I can come to Detroit as easily :-) The only reason I mentioned Chicago to begin with is that one of my daughters lives there, but I can always visit her separately or as a way-point...:-)
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    As I have mentioned in PM, I can come to Detroit as easily :-) The only reason I mentioned Chicago to begin with is that one of my daughters lives there, but I can always visit her separately or as a way-point...:-)

I'll keep that in mind also. I'll be meeting up with a few locals for shooting over the next couple of weeks so will ask around.
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I'll be in St. George, UT in June. Why St. George as opposed to Salt Lake, Las Vegas, etc?
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2012
    RyanS wrote: »
    I'll be in St. George, UT in June. Why St. George as opposed to Salt Lake, Las Vegas, etc?

1) it's central to a lot of cool shooting locations
    2) there are some nice friendly people there who could help :-)