Options

challenge participation

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 21, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
guys let's please go on a recruiting effort, okay? we need more participants. i love you all but i want more :wink

tell a friend, do some cajoling. everyone who's participated in at least one challenge should concentrate on getting just *one* new person to join in the fun.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    andy wrote:
    guys let's please go on a recruiting effort, okay? we need more participants. i love you all but i want more mwink.gif

tell a friend, do some cajoling. everyone who's participated in at least one challenge should concentrate on getting just *one* new person to join in the fun.

thanks
    Yeah, tried recruiting a co-worker of mine yesterday. He looked at challenge 20's threads and posting page and said "Ummm... this looks too confusing." And he's a smugmug user.

Doug
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    confusion...
    dugmar wrote:
    Yeah, tried recruiting a co-worker of mine yesterday. He looked at challenge 20's threads and posting page and said "Ummm... this looks too confusing." And he's a smugmug user.

Doug

doug, it's just the first trip 'round for this format, there was bound to be endless discussion and such about it.

it shouldn't be this way next time.

confusing? there's one place for rules and submission. one place to submit photos for review. dunno how much simpler it could get.

i'll take a cue though, and make sure that only the official thread is sticky.

thanks!
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 1, 2004
    I'm having a hard enough time getting myself to participate this week. I'm blaming it on classes starting this week. Damn confused kids everywhere making my life difficult.

umph.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'm having a hard enough time getting myself to participate this week. I'm blaming it on classes starting this week. Damn confused kids everywhere making my life difficult.

umph.gif
    blah blah blah, its not like you ever leave your office or anything blbl.gif
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2004
    how is it that you don't respond to your email, but it took you 5 minutes to see this??? umph.gif
    Erik

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    andy wrote:
    guys let's please go on a recruiting effort, okay? we need more participants. i love you all but i want more mwink.gif

thanks
    Laughing.gif, I got my daughter to join so she could vote. No, she will not vote for me unless she wants to, and she didn't want to last time.

Who would I recruit, the only person I know who does anything with this stuff, he designs websites, is my son, around 30, expecting his first baby, he is super busy and there is no sign that he is into photography. He is into computers, he makes his money designing web sites, but he does not do the photography.

So, I could probably cajol a few more voters, but I do not know of any potential participants. Does that mean I have to drop out?:D

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Laughing.gif, I got my daughter to join so she could vote. No, she will not vote for me unless she wants to, and she didn't want to last time.

Who would I recruit, the only person I know who does anything with this stuff, he designs websites, is my son, around 30, expecting his first baby, he is super busy and there is no sign that he is into photography. He is into computers, he makes his money designing web sites, but he does not do the photography.

So, I could probably cajol a few more voters, but I do not know of any potential participants. Does that mean I have to drop out?:D

ginger
    I'll vote for your Ginge....nod.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I'll vote for your Ginge....nod.gif
    Thanks, Lynn. Maybe I can get a whole voting block together. Some for you and some for me. Is that like stuffing the ballot box????

I had to call Julie, remind her that it was time to vote, the only reason I know that she didn't vote for me, (actually, she did, she voted for Sid's ginger). But she e-mailed me to ask how to get to the photographs.

I called her and talked her through the navigation part. Of course I had to be on dgrin to describe that. I did not watch her vote, thought that would be unethical. Then I waited, and I could tell who she voted for. That was unusual. She was going out of town on business, so there was a time situation she was dealing with. Ordinarily, she would just vote, and I would have no clue. That is how she wants it.

I did e-mail my web designing son today. I asked him to join and bring his best friend, Michael (Michael is a photographer).

The problem is these people think they are busy. I swear young people now are busier than I ever was.

More hours needed,
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    how is it that you don't respond to your email, but it took you 5 minutes to see this??? umph.gif
    Yeah but now it took me a week to respond back. 1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2004
    winger wrote:
    Yeah but now it took me a week to respond back. 1drink.gif
    all i have to say is "pass the spleef" ... :lol
    Erik

• Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2004
    <sm passes the spliff>

I've gotten a few folks from other sites to at least come check this place out, and some have even joined! But I won't apply pressure one way or the other regarding participation in challenges. Just not my style. I think a bit of Googlebombing might be the answer here (depending on how many folks actually have sites or blogs of their own). How many unique ISP hits do you get in a day here?

In the meantime, we've got a site up with a very few of the piccies we took in Bali.

http://64.202.180.95/Images/images.html
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    all i have to say is "pass the spleef" ... :lol
    HEHEHE I think someone is looking for a random drug test (its either you or our boss)

8752251-M-1.jpg

All I have to say is "that using your head" ( I know the jerseys are overexposed, the sun going in and out yesterday day made for my worst day of shooting sports yet! :( )
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2004
    winger wrote:
    HEHEHE I think someone is looking for a random drug test (its either you or our boss)

8752251-M-1.jpg

All I have to say is "that using your head" ( I know the jerseys are overexposed, the sun going in and out yesterday day made for my worst day of shooting sports yet! :( )
    holy stop-action batman! nice one thumb.gif
    Erik