Options

Color or B&W?

Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2012 in People
So last night I went to get a few shots of a friend doing her first performance hereon Kauai. I got there a little late due to a car accident in between my house and the small bar she was playing at. By the time I got there, it was super crowded. No real way to get up close to get many descent shots. I really wanted to get a nice close tight shot of her singing though. I ended up outside to get it. There was a window to the side of where she was standing. It had wooden louvers and a screen and was really high up. I balanced myself on a log that was out there, and was able to frame her up in between the louvers. Huge aperture to try and lose the window screen that was between her and the lens. I ended up with this shot. She really likes it and wants to use it on the inside of her new CD. She told me to pick which version of the processing I liked best, but I can't decide. Thoughts on which anyone may like a little better?

i-ZrgCdST-L.jpg

i-jS8ZptW-L.jpg
The purple across the bottom of the shot is actually from one of the window louvers. I tried to get rid of it, but everything I tried just looked weird.

I like the B&W a lot. It shows her passion and emotion I think. But I love the warm feel to the color version. I just can't decide...

Comments

• Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2012
    No possibility of setting up a shoot to get a more perfect shot for something as important as a CD?
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2012
    of course there is. And I have a shoot planned for it already. She just likes this one for whatever reason. It's going to be part of a montage of photos for the inside of the CD is all.