i-BwdxxzC-L.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    Hmm... not sure about these. Like the second one though.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    For me...ordinary, nothing spectacular.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    We expect more from you Daniel.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    Geebuz, lots of tough love up there lol.

Hi, Daniel!
    For me, compositionally, I love #2. There's directionality from the lines and color of the balloons and the way they lead our eyes to the little one, and the way his pose leans into the line created by the balloons. Also, really getting the shot from a low angle makes a big difference between this and #1. I just think this is a really great shot, and something that will look fantastic as a big print.

#1. There's an empty space in the middle of the V created by the balloon and the boy that is super distracting. I keep looking at it due to the composition.

#3. The crop here is distracting. There's just enough of the balloons up top to make me keep looking at it and wounding what they look like, and just enough of the cart that it makes me wonder what that looks like as a whole.

4. Aww poor tyke! I feel like that a lot these days and can commiserate. This one's a little green on my monitor.

PS. I just noticed you didn't ask for a crit, so if you didn't want one after all, disregard everything I said lol.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2012
    Good feedback Kris.

BTW, Daniel's probably crying like that last pic right now. :cry He is rather sensitive (*sarcasm).

My Smug Site
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    Good feedback Kris.

BTW, Daniel's probably crying like that last pic right now. :cry He is rather sensitive (*sarcasm).

Haha! Wait, wait, don't kick him just yet. He's not yet down.
    mwink.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    haha..you guys are killing me. good feedback Kris. don't listen to Alex btw.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    I think #2 is great. Not really feeling the rest. The last one cracked me up though! I have to agree these seem a little lower than what I expect when I see you posted pics. I still really love #2 though. I think if it was my kid that one would be on the wall in a 3 panel canvas!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 14, 2012
    Precious, especially the last one. rolleyes1.gif

#2 is my favorite. Although I'd make a composite from it that makes it look like he's floating up in the sky. naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2012
    I think #2 is great. Not really feeling the rest. The last one cracked me up though! I have to agree these seem a little lower than what I expect when I see you posted pics. I still really love #2 though. I think if it was my kid that one would be on the wall in a 3 panel canvas!

heh..it was a hard shoot (babies, blowing balloons, harsh light, etc) but I kinda liked the shots..lol. Oh well at least I got one wall hanger type!
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2012
    okay..how about these? I am going for the slightly over exposed look

1. i-pRM3VCb-L.jpg

2. i-fNRPgvb-L.jpg
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    I like um! Ive noticed with babies it works really good if you get down at their level. You see them all the time from looking down at them, but you dont hardly ever see them at their eye level
  • Options
    Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 15, 2012
    I like #2 and all, but was wondering if you considered shooting from the other direction at all? The foreground shadow is kind of a little too out of place to me. He is lit and all, but the shadow comes forward. It doesn't seem to fit well. Maybe it's just me, but because of that harsh wagon shadow, my eye just wants to see him in shadow to fit the lighting of the rest of the shot. Maybe a lower angle to lose the shadow or something. I don't know. I'm going on only an hours sleep total for the past two+ days, so kind of delirious...
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2012
    Pono Photo wrote: »
    I like #2 and all, but was wondering if you considered shooting from the other direction at all? The foreground shadow is kind of a little too out of place to me. He is lit and all, but the shadow comes forward. It doesn't seem to fit well. Maybe it's just me, but because of that harsh wagon shadow, my eye just wants to see him in shadow to fit the lighting of the rest of the shot. Maybe a lower angle to lose the shadow or something. I don't know. I'm going on only an hours sleep total for the past two+ days, so kind of delirious...

I wanted to get some back light from the sun. heh
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
    edited May 15, 2012
    totally understand. As I said, I'm a mess at the moment... lol eek7.gif