Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #103 Window Views

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited May 27, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Welcome to Round #103 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin
member.

It will run from Monday, May 14, 2012 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, May 28, 2012 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: Window Views

The object here is to capture a view either inside or outside a window. Whether its a landscape from
inside looking out, or a scene of something going on inside taken from outside or even a reflection of
a scene in the window of something behind you, its up to you to decide! You must have the window frame as your ONLY frame in the image, so please no borders.

More than 1 window can be in the image too as long as there are scenes in the windows.

In other words, I am not wanting to see shots of just the pane and glass, make them come alive with a view!

The editing restrictions listed above.

Your Judge:

1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple,
just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:

DSS #103 Entry Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period.
Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge RULES.

Comments

• tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    How do you come up with these :)
    Quite an imagination.
    though I don't get time to participate much, but every tuesday morning(I am 13 hours ahead of PST), I open this thread to see what new you come up with.
    I always wonder, will you run out of ideas... and then every two weeks you surprise me.
    Keep up the good work.
    Will try to participate in this one!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 15, 2012
    tsk1979 wrote: »
    How do you come up with these :)
    Quite an imagination.
    though I don't get time to participate much, but every tuesday morning(I am 13 hours ahead of PST), I open this thread to see what new you come up with.
    I always wonder, will you run out of ideas... and then every two weeks you surprise me.
    Keep up the good work.
    Will try to participate in this one!

I get ideas all the time and if I am by my computer when I get them, I keep a log of ideas and use them when the time comes. Glad your enjoying them!thumb.gif
    edited May 19, 2012
    kentwaller wrote: »
    if my entry is too far from your intent just remove it - no worries i will just come in with something else, i really like this shot but the window is not dominating feature.

v/r,
    kdub

Its not my place to judge if an image fits the theme, thats up to the community. I just make sure the rules are followed.deal.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Hi Joyce,

I received a message from WhatSheSaw, who noticed that the image I posted in the current contest gallery is dated 1 month later (2012-06-19)

Unfortunately, my camera (Canon 50D) crashed and since last week I've been using a very old P&S, without checking the time settings.... rolleyes1.gif

I'm wondering if my entry would be acceptable or not... since the time shows a later date and not an earlier date... headscratch.gif

Thank you,
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited May 22, 2012
    Hi Joyce,

I received a message from WhatSheSaw, who noticed that the image I posted in the current contest gallery is dated 1 month later (2012-06-19)

Unfortunately, my camera (Canon 50D) crashed and since last week I've been using a very old P&S, without checking the time settings.... rolleyes1.gif

I'm wondering if my entry would be acceptable or not... since the time shows a later date and not an earlier date... headscratch.gif

Thank you,

I think in this circumstance and the fact that you brought it to my attention, we can let it go this time. You have been in these challenges for a long time and have always followed rules well. Be sure to fix your time settings for future entries!deal.gif

Thank you for asking! thumb.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Oh Joyce, thank you so, so much! :ivar

I fixed the time in the camera now - I haven't noticed it before, and haven't noticed it even in the exif.

Also thank you Karen again for noticing and letting me now about it! iloveyou.gif

Tatiana

JAG wrote: »
    I think in this circumstance and the fact that you brought it to my attention, we can let it go this time. You have been in these challenges for a long time and have always followed rules well. Be sure to fix your time settings for future entries!deal.gif

Thank you for asking! thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 2,116 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    I was going to do a shot of the painted porthole screens on our boat

797527-Thomas_Point_Light_screen_painting-Maryland-1.jpg

You can see out, but not in as the spaces between the wires of the screen aren't painted.

But I wasn't sure a porthole would meet the definition of windows, and when I went down to the boat today I discovered / remembered that my husband had brought them home to be repainted. So since I don't want to do them over right now, I decided it was a sign not to use them.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 2,116 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    I tried to fix the photo that I entered and now I have two copies but it says I can't edit them. Is there any way I can delete the first one?
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
    edited May 23, 2012
    grandmaR wrote: »
    I tried to fix the photo that I entered and now I have two copies but it says I can't edit them. Is there any way I can delete the first one?

I will delete it for you. No worries!
  • cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2012
    Surprised the competition gallery isn't using the new Guest Uploading feature ;)
    edited May 27, 2012
    cederic wrote: »
    Surprised the competition gallery isn't using the new Guest Uploading feature ;)

We are considering it but there is a few problems with how we submit images that will be a problem when it comes to titling. Once these issues are resolve then it will be used.thumb.gif