Options

Gretchen

Pono PhotoPono Photo Registered Users Posts: 68 Beginner grinner
edited May 18, 2012 in People
I got a chance to meet with the model I will be shooting on Wednesday and Thursday this week. It should be an interesting shoot to say the least. She does old 40's and 50's style pin-up stuff. She is here on Kauai for two weeks and wants to do some shots out on the beach and sunsets and all that. I grabbed a few frames of her at out meeting so I could look at her skin tones and facial structure and all that. Wanted to think about poses and her "best side" and all that. Kind of funny that she said she always thought her left side was her best side, but with her eyes, it's her right side. As you can see, she has a rather vibrant look to her. this one looks like it will be a fun shoot!

Don't forget this was not a full on planned shot here. We were just sitting at a table talking and I grabbed the camera and snapped a few shots. SO don't be overly critical. :D

[IMG][/img]i-pc7tBX9-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    Yes indeed! She has the 40's look. Have fun!
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    I am looking forward to seeing what comes of this shoot. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2012
    Whew! Did the first day of shooting with this girl. Holy crud did it get hot out there! She was mostly standing on or by the water so was able to cool off. I on the the hand stood on, knelt on and even lay on the scorching hot sand to get the shots. Crazy sunburn as well. (totally forgot the sunscreen...) But I think I got some tasty shots out of it. Download all 600+ images right now. Then the project of sorting and beginning the processing fun!
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    can't wait!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2012
    Ok, so here is the very first shot I have to show from this shoot. Be honest about what you think. I already have a few issues with it my self. The "hole" in her hair on her right side (image left) is driving me nuts. So I think I need to see if I can fill that in or something. Also not over happy with the way the shadow on her body is along the back of her arm. Whatever. Tell me what you think!

[IMG][/img]i-kgZbqwV-L.jpg
  • Options
    LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    The arm is a little 'hot'. But darn man, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over this one, smokin hot photo.
    ~Lubinski
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Love the saturated look......she has such georgous eyes.....they could use a little work to bring them out more. The bright arm does make that blue top pop out and compete with her face a little too much.
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I really like it, but there is too much of a vingette. It doenst really match the rest of the mood here. You are shooting outside on a bright beach.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2012
    I really like it, but there is too much of a vingette. It doenst really match the rest of the mood here. You are shooting outside on a bright beach.

Ok, I'll drop the vignette on the left side and lighten it up a bit on the right. Don't want to lose it all together, but a little less is no biggy.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Love the saturated look......she has such georgous eyes.....they could use a little work to bring them out more. The bright arm does make that blue top pop out and compete with her face a little too much.

lol, this girl walks around super saturated in real life. Crazy! I'll tone down the arm a bit. I think I focused too much on the face to notice all that happened to the arm in the process. eek7.gif

As to the eyes... What else you think I need to bring out? I did quite a bit to them already, but don't want to over do it an make them freaky. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Lubinski wrote: »
    The arm is a little 'hot'. But darn man, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over this one, smokin hot photo.

lol, thanks. SHe is really smokin hot. And such a sweetheart! She's just super nice and down to earth. She knows she is great looking but it didn't go to her head at all. And yes, tone down the arm... :D