Options

Recent EIF's

FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited May 18, 2012 in Wildlife
The past month has found me fishing more and shooting less. The migratory run of Rockfish and Black Drum has been excellent for surf fishermen. Finally this week fishing slowed and I had a little time to get behind the glass again. Soft light shots are missing from this batch, it was either foggy or harsh. Still some nice detail and body positions. The fish in the talons is Menhaden, due to a strong current situation I was unable to hold bottom with fish heads so they were offered to the seagulls. Interesting to watch the gulls respectfully "ignore" the food when the big birds are around.......they will stand near the fish but not touch it.........

i-qwzP2HL-X2.jpg

i-3S7v9wc-X2.jpg

i-LBzSLq8-X2.jpg

i-scKtFFs-X2.jpg

i-Q7F8WbH-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rhiturajrhituraj Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Wow! Stunning set clap.gif

Camera - $1700, Lens - $900, Memories - Priceless | www.rhitusworld.com
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    rhituraj wrote: »
    Wow! Stunning set clap.gif

What fantastic shots some of the best I have ever seen. What camera and lens did you use to shoot these?
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2012
    RE: Camera Lens

D-300 Push/pull 23 year old 80-200 2.8. Every time I get ready to replace the old, slow to focus lens, I'll get a good batch of shots and decide to keep it a bit longer..........

i-tWqrBQn-X2.jpg
  • Options
    EMHMDEMHMD Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2012
    Awesome set! Love them all
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    AWESOME!!!! That is all.thumb.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Outstanding set Allen. clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Allen, without any doubt you absolutely have eagle photography down to a science! What I love, in addition to the great detail and perfect sharpness, is that you always seem to capture the personality of these birds. Fabulous series! Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2012
    Thank you all for the compliments. Pam, I also "feel" the personalities and differences in attitude of the birds, some are shy, some aggressive, but all are stunning to watch and photograph. Sometimes I feel like I can smell them as they pass a few yards away........kinda spooky. Once, a while back, a female came in directly at me and turned at the last second. So close I swear the air around me moved as the bird turned, my camera was firing but I wasn't looking through the lens.....only thing I got was the business end. About a close as I ever want to be to those toenails.

i-NCVxgHJ-XL.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Awesome stuff, Allen! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    beautiful captures Allen!
  • Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I'm glad you decided to pickup your camera instead of your fishing rod. These are stunning!
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.