L.A. Thugg

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited May 18, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I like the processing and the subject gives it a raw kind of quality . I am wondering what does he have in his hands and how hard is it to walk in running shoes with no laces? I like it!
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Careful, Javier. I got knifed last year making this kind of shot.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I'm going to say that I don't like the processing, though I like the shot. However, I am also going to say that this is an excellent example of why we need to skip, or be far more careful with captions. I am not a lawyer, but I'm going to guess that by publicly displaying this photo with that caption you can get your ass sued off. You have the right to take the photo. You have the right to display it. What you do not have is the right to caption it in a way that inaccurately suggests that someone is something negative that they are not. Do you know that this person is a "thug?" Does he have a criminal record? Do you have a copy of it? What if he is a sociology professor as UCLA? What if he is a successful actor? What if he just likes looking this way?

Seriously - be careful.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Personal preference, the shadows might have been lifted too much and the image loses as a result. I also agree with B.D. about the assumptive nature of the title. Thug is too emotive without something else to support the claim. Tons of people are truly nice and accepting that belie appearances and settings.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Just FYI - I wasn't comment on assumption; I was commenting on the potentially libelous nature of the title. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed