Options

Suggestion: Workflow section on dgrin

smilenjsmilenj Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited May 18, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
Not sure where this should go but I thought it would apply to pros or people selling the most so I 'm starting here. Moderators please move if necessary.

I suggest sm start a "workflow" area on dgrin. The general topic would be how to best use sm within a come business cycle (client contact to delivering final product and everything in between). This is for after people have set up their sm site and are working on their business.;

People could share and discuss workflows (see Caroline and my post in the wedding area for example) and learn from each other. There could be sample workflows for wedding, portrait, event and school photography.

The benefit to the members would be learning how to maximize sales and improve efficiency. There is a lot to know about creating an effective workflow after you customize your sm website. This section would help people think about how to best grow their business.

The benefit to sm would be to see how people are using the service from start to finish and see how the service is and isn't working in that context. Also, I think it would help show pros that sm is really looking out for pro's and addressing their/our needs and that would keep and attract more pros.

People need to be thinking about workflow especially as they grow their business in the first few years. They are going to find that information somewhere. Might as well make it SM.
Joey Chandler
San Francisco Portrait and Wedding Photographer
If you are in the Bay Area, join us for the monthly SmugMug User Group

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Love the idea of hearing more about workflow. Couldn't we use SmugMug Pro Forum for this?
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I was going to say Digital Darkroom as I am not sure workflow is just for professionals. I have written and talked about workflow a bit but am not a professional photographer.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    smilenjsmilenj Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I say make it it's own category. There a category for customization and there's a category for pro sales support. Getting people to think about workflow would make them more successful and is really crucial for people who are moving from being a consumer photographer to trying to start their own business. Having a workflow category would remind people to always be thinking about the workflow and remind people that this sm site would be really good resource for them.
    Joey Chandler
    San Francisco Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    If you are in the Bay Area, join us for the monthly SmugMug User Group