Yams

Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited November 11, 2005 in Holy Macro
Yet Another Moon Shot.

I don't have the long glass that some others do but I've been wanting to take a stab at it.

Whatcha think?

43731178-L.jpg

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2005
    Definitely a nice capture, right on, I would just like to see the moon positioned on the right side of the photo, so that the cut off half was pointing towards the open space. Can easily be done in PS, but other then that awesome moon shoot, I really want to try one of those, maybe when i get a telephoto lens.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Looking Good :)
    Phil U. wrote:
    Yet Another Moon Shot.

I don't have the long glass that some others do but I've been wanting to take a stab at it.

Whatcha think?
    Here's what I think.......... I wanna have a go too rolleyes1.gif the more I see you folks post MOON Shots the more I want to have a go too.....weather is sucking big time here still so I will just have to wait.

What lens did you use to shoot this one Phil ? hand held or Tripod ??
    Thanks for posting....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Definitely a nice capture, right on, I would just like to see the moon positioned on the right side of the photo, so that the cut off half was pointing towards the open space. Can easily be done in PS, but other then that awesome moon shoot, I really want to try one of those, maybe when i get a telephoto lens.

Hmmmm.... I can crop it that way and see - plenty of space as it was dead center in the frame (was using spot meter). I'm at work right - will have to wait til I get home.

Thanks!
    edited November 9, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Here's what I think.......... I wanna have a go too rolleyes1.gif the more I see you folks post MOON Shots the more I want to have a go too.....weather is sucking big time here still so I will just have to wait.

What lens did you use to shoot this one Phil ? hand held or Tripod ??
    Thanks for posting....... Skippy (Australia)

Yea, I'm going to have to do it again during full moon too.

You can click on it for the EXIF. This was on a tripod on my back deck using the Zuiko Digital 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 zoom with 1.4x teleconverter. On a Four-Thirds system body (I recently bought the Olympus E-500) the 35mm equiv comes out to be 560mm - still not nearly enough for a full frame shot. This is only a little reduced from a 100% crop.

I learned one thing about the moon last night - that thing moves a heck of a lot faster than I thought. I'd line it up, hit the shutter (with 8-second mirror lockup before the shot) and by the time I got back into the viewfinder it'd moved nearly out of the spot-meter spot. eek7.gif
    edited November 11, 2005
    I did a bit of a re-edit. See what you think of this version. (This one is a 100% crop by the way)

44061578-L.jpg