Options

Session With A Little Girl - 5 Images

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited May 26, 2012 in People
This little girl spoke no English and my German isn't very good. It was a bit of a challenge to get expressions out of her, but here are a few that I liked.

webDSC4169-L.jpg

webDSC4178-L.jpg

webDSC4189-L.jpg

webDSC4205-L.jpg

webDSC4225-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2012
    I think it is great set but #5 is my favorite.
  • Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2012
    Excellent
    Really good work. I like the tone of #5 and think maybe the others could use a warm up maybe?

Excellent work in any language.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2012
    Obviously #5, but really like #3. Very nice as always.

Sam
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2012
    Love 5, would like to see the rest done in the same color tones. GREAT job, love love the props,did you do those all by yourself?
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    You've hit a great "niche" here. Just love the colors and warmth.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    3 and 5 are stellar!
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2012
    mjoshi123 wrote: »
    I think it is great set but #5 is my favorite.
    Thanks!
    Really good work. I like the tone of #5 and think maybe the others could use a warm up maybe?

Excellent work in any language.
    Possibly. I tend to desaturate the colors of the scenes a bit to give it a bit of a vintage feel, sort of like color sepia.

Thanks!
    Sam wrote: »
    Obviously #5, but really like #3. Very nice as always.

Sam
    Thanks again Sam
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Love 5, would like to see the rest done in the same color tones. GREAT job, love love the props,did you do those all by yourself?
    Yup, the props are all me. Scoured garage sales and antique shops and the like and developed scenes with them over time.

Thanks a lot.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    You've hit a great "niche" here. Just love the colors and warmth.
    Yeah, so far, so good, getting a fair amount of referrals on this. Thanks for the kudo's!
    mercphoto wrote: »
    3 and 5 are stellar!
    Thank you very much!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    Great stuff but that last one really rocks Bryce. You really have this theme/setup nailed.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    I agree with everyone who says 5 is the clear winner. Great shot.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 24, 2012
    Really terrific styling. Maybe it's just me, but with the exception of the last one, these seem pretty dark and moody to me. Looking at the histograms confirms they're dark overall. Would it hurt the shots to brighten them up just a little bit?
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Really terrific styling. Maybe it's just me, but with the exception of the last one, these seem pretty dark and moody to me. Looking at the histograms confirms they're dark overall. Would it hurt the shots to brighten them up just a little bit?

Thanks for the input.

I wholeheartedly agree that by today's standards they could/should certainly be brightened. The look is designed to give somewhat of a vintage look and feel that gives the impression of standards of 100 years ago.
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    I think all five are money shots. Most certainly frameable and I see them hung on walls as soon as I saw them. You have really hit you're stride Bryce! Excellent work sir. bowdown.gif

Bryce do you have a larger res? Something frameable, looks like 4X6 is the largest offered? I would be very interested in buying several of these my friend. FYI, my wife fell in love with them.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2012
    I think all five are money shots. Most certainly frameable and I see them hung on walls as soon as I saw them. You have really hit you're stride Bryce! Excellent work sir. bowdown.gif

Bryce do you have a larger res? Something frameable, looks like 4X6 is the largest offered? I would be very interested in buying several of these my friend. FYI, my wife fell in love with them.

Thank you so much for what I consider the ultimate compliment. This was a paid for session and I'm not sure it would be cricket to sell, or even provide for free, someone's child as a printable image.

I will talk to the parents when I see them again. If they don't have a problem, you can have a full size for free.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2012
    Bryce, you are a master, my friend.
    Obviously, if your client wants the desaturated, vintage look, you can provide it. If they want a more "true" image, why you have that too. The important thing is that you got the image. These are wonderful. And, I say again, that BG is the best I've seen anywhere.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2012
    Thank you so much for what I consider the ultimate compliment. This was a paid for session and I'm not sure it would be cricket to sell, or even provide for free, someone's child as a printable image.

I will talk to the parents when I see them again. If they don't have a problem, you can have a full size for free.

You're most welcome sir, credit where credit is due, just let me know if they decide they don't mind, my wife would be thrilled if so, if not, understood and respected. Her first words were "so precious" lol. Thanks for sharing, these are awesome. The clients should be thrilled for sure.