DSS#103 - Windows View first try

torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited May 25, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
First attempt on a windows view - any comments be appreciated.

#1 Closing Time - Is the Window dominant enough in the picture?

C201205181008305WindowsClosing-X2.jpg

#2 Surveying her Domain

C201205201008654WindowViewsSur-XL.jpg

Comments

• kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2012
    yes
    torrbrae wrote: »
    First attempt on a windows view - any comments be appreciated.

#1 Closing Time - Is the Window dominant enough in the picture?

C201205181008305WindowsClosing-X2.jpg

#2 Surveying her Domain

C201205201008654WindowViewsSur-XL.jpg

definitely the first one.
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    #1 is great!!! Also like #2, but more because I simply love kitty cats!! #1 has great depth, clarity & color - sweet lighting & focus/DOF!! The bright blue at the right edge is a touch distracting; you could either crop it off or darken it if a crop throws the side to side proportions off. And I would crop a bit off the top to give it a better balance top to bottom. IMO, the window is a very obvious and integral part of the photo; plus the doorway kinda mimics the window - at first glance I thought that it was two windows instead of a door & window. And the stained glass at the top is icing on the cake!! Might suggest regarding the title that the photo doesn't give me a sense of closing time (esp with the "WE ARE OPEN!" sign in the window) - you could use the "I measure my life" that's written on the wall as a fitting title. Really like this shot, sweet capture!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Is the stained glass at the caps of the windows supposed to look like a mouse wearing a hat?
    I think for me, #1 is the more interesting of the two. It draws the viewer in quite nicely. With #2, I like the light on the cat quite a bit, but the reds of the tree outside seem a bit too blown on my monitor.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited May 25, 2012
    I agree that #1 is great - really pulls me into the photo to explore the details. Very nice capture!