Like a virgin

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited May 23, 2012 in Street and Documentary
7231615326_b9facfb5e4_o.jpg
Like a virgin by Street Vision L.A. (busy), on Flickr

I just did manage to capture this. These kids where ''blasting'' Madonnas ''Like a virgin'' and I could not help but laugh at the irony here.

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2012
    I like this! The old boom box is something you don't see much of these days,but I realy like the guys checkered pants against
    the checkered background.
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2012
    Its missing a speaker lol
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    Interesting image - I'd get right of some of the empty space on the right, however. But I assume you get the fact that the music isn't conveyed by the photo, and therefore the title makes little or no sense. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Javier, It's a fine shot. I'd agree with BD about the title, but it seems to me the composition is fine. Space on the right is okay because that's the direction toward which they're all walking.
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    When I look at the image without considering any accompanying text, I keep drawing a connection to the "spicy" words (cajun, pepper, garlic) on the signs in the background and the subject. My brain keeps screaming at me: "Those signs are important, you better read them!" The word "wicked" right above the main subject keeps pulling me in as well. The connection of subject to wicked spicy garlic chicken? I'm still trying to figure that one out, but I'll keep looking. :D
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Excellent shot. I love the way they are all looking different directions, and none at you. As if you didn't exist, they are way too cool to acknowledge or smile for a pic. I like the poster wording in background now that Ryan pointed it out. FWIW I'd crop just bit off the right also still leaving more on right than left though but that is minor.

Sure glad you decided to share LA with us again, some of the best work on this forum. Keep going!thumb.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    Such an anachronistic shot, knowing this is shot this year. This is the first time ever that I wish someone had a cell phone visible in the shot! eek7.gif