Options

Fix my 580EX or go to a qflash

jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited May 21, 2012 in Accessories
So I think I fried my canon 580EX flash. The pilot light will not come on any more. Canon is quoteing a fix it price of 183 so that is well 183 bucks... I mostly shoot horse event and I have just started doing senior portriats. (I did 2 in april) I used the 580 ex off the camera in manual mode for both applications. I might shoot with it on camera 10-20 % of the time. I have been toying with the idea that maybe a quantum flash might be a better solution for me for now. (More Power, faster recycle,ect!!!) I have been looking on ebay for used ones (dont even want to talk about a new one) and there are several qflash t2 for around 250ish (last week there was one with the turbo battery pack for 250ish). The only thing I could see messing me up is if i ever decide to start shooting indoor people events I might be wishing I had something on camera or if I wanted to go to a ettl radio slaves to get access to high speed sync and ettl off camera. So what do yall think? Dump the 580 ex (fix it later) and go to qflash or fix the 580ex. Thanks in advance....
40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com

Comments